Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thank You

Thank You
August 23, 2013 07:30PM
Once again, I'd like to thank those waiting for my work. Instead of getting your guns, you are getting lessons on restoring houses and moving. I apologize for the delays and appreciate your patience.

Selling this Maryland home is, of course, key to our move South. I'm not independently wealthy. I'll require the funds from this sale. Correcting major deficiencies in this place was key to selling. While working on the guns, and enjoying life's little twists, I could never get these things compete. The health maintenance saga really cut into those second and third shift hours.

While I'm hardly superman, I've been making the most of the improvements in a balanced mix of meds and injections. It's made this eternal move possible - at the state of efficiency I've been able to process.

We'll be out of here as soon as we can complete this shortening list, and turn the place over to the Realtors. The remainder of the furniture and furnishings that we had a nightmare selling, auctioning, donating, and giving away ... will be used to "Stage" the house. One of the banes of this move has been the truth behind assumptions. People assume some phases should be "cake" and they actually turn out to be "torment". It doesn't go as expected.

Everybody is aware that we leave here and don't just drop in on BPS already in progress. I will absolutely give it my all, to continue to make this work. I know many have been disappointed by me not being able to deliver in the time estimated. Life had different turns for me to fight through. I can stand here today, and tell you honestly that I just have not had one more ounce to give, then that which I have. I'll get it done, as fast as I'm able and allowed. I never forget you are waiting.

Thanks for your patience.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 11:33PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Thank You
August 27, 2013 06:31AM
I'm just glad that I don't have to keep up with you, project-wise. bowing
August 27, 2013 02:47PM
Thanks Sean.

You know, the reality is that I'm only showing about a third of the projects, 'cause its just soooo obvious there is almost no interest in it. I just post some because I said I would. And to account for my time. I know so many of my customers have big places and are handy. I thought there'd be some discussion of materials and techniques. But 90% are just setting it out til the new guns start flowing.

I really appreciate the posts and comments from the guys who have stayed. The forum is important to me. And it's moral support. Can't just let it dry up and die, then expect a bunch of big ole blooms and fruit when the tools turn on at BPS.

Thanks again,
Gary

BTW - last night I replaced the network of PVC 1 1/2" drains in the basement for the kitchen sink, dishwasher, and downstairs laundry hook up. One of the few times I had some help (taking down the plaster ceiling in the downstairs laundry room) the fellow allowed the ceiling to bust up the PVC fittings. An easy mistake. And - there was another patched section, so it was best to run fresh.
August 27, 2013 09:12PM
I guess the construction projects don't draw much comment but I do find them interesting as an educational, "if I ever have to do that" kind of thing. Now, I don't have an old house with plaster and masonry but next time I participate in one of the house repair projects we do for charity, having seen these techniques will come in handy.
August 28, 2013 12:05AM
Well - that's neat Jerry. Thanks for saying so. winking smiley
August 28, 2013 07:15AM
Plaster work is part slave labor and part art. Naturally, Gary does well at it since he's qualified for both. grinning smiley
September 05, 2013 02:27PM
Hello Gary,

Like many here, I am waiting to see more of the airgun builds.I believe most visitors understand your need to wrap up the house up north. When completed you can settle at your home down south and resume your work.

You have been transparent with your life's details. I am sure your clients appreciate knowing where things are at with their orders. Life has many twist and turns, we either adjust to the "road" or end up on a detour that takes us in the wrong direction or worse.

I admire your perseverence and work ethic. I am no carpenter and have to deal with a few issues in my own home shortly. Luckily a friend offered his assistance.

Wish you continued health and hope the house up north sells quickly!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021