Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Color Case Hardening look cracked on anodized billet.

Color Case Hardening look cracked on anodized billet.
November 13, 2011 03:02AM
Just finished a looooooong session.

I've done a number of color case hardening patterns which I've attempted to duplicate in hard color anodizing on aluminum billet. This one is; to my eye, a near ringer for the Uberti color case hardening replicas being made on their repro 19th century designs.

I have this batch to seal and rub out yet ... but looks great to me. Not going to show it unfinished.

Of course ... I just noted that out of the 52 reads or so, only Lon posted any comment at all regarding the "Burl" antique patina on steel I was so pleased with earlier this week. Must not have found any interest here. I should probably just send Lon the pics of the anodized color case hardening stuff ... whistling

coffee

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 03:04AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Color Case Hardening look cracked on anodized billet.
November 13, 2011 03:24AM
You're killing me Gary, that is just cruel.
November 13, 2011 04:52AM
Sorry Eric
Wait ... Let me check that Burl thread again .... Hummm. Nope. Don't seem to see any Eric on the thread. Check with Lon if you can catch him in. He might share a case hard pic or two .... If he gets a chance ....
laughing
more innocent

Gary

Hey ... Let me check my memory ... Do I recall something about a hunt taking place recen.... Nah, must have been on the sportsman channel .... whistling
November 13, 2011 06:57AM
Common Gary, not fair. I bet that you received a few emails and PMs flaring the Burl finish...

Is this a new finish that we haven't seen before?

Julio
November 13, 2011 11:37AM
Don't make me put you in the 30 ft tower stand.... Without the helmet...I'm having to tie my hands behind my back not to post all of the hunt stuff. I promised Kent I would let him post about it first. Come to think about it, he was planning on doing that starting yesterday. Hmmm..
I am sitting in the blind, typing this on the iPhone. You'll hear ALL about it if I get something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 11:43AM by egra099.
November 13, 2011 02:50PM
Gary,

One thing that hasn't changed; pictures don't capture your work adequately. You're a great photographer but I'll analogize it to the Rocky Mountains, ya just have to see them in person.

Lon
November 13, 2011 09:05PM
electrifiedGary, you tease!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021