Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

18 - 20, Yay

18 - 20, Yay
May 08, 2014 01:24PM
image.jpg

Yet another delivery! Pic is the start of the offload ...

Driver says it's 18 - 20 cubic yards.

Fortunately - the tractor can get to this job.

Gary
Re: 18 - 20, Yay
May 08, 2014 01:55PM
I think Miss Kelly deserves a Happy Mothers Day . Word on the street is she wants a bulldozer. Maybe it was a backhoe ! Glad your gettin GOOD use out if that tractor . All I get to play with is Snow .
May 08, 2014 01:56PM
Wow.

And I thought it was a big deal when I had to replace some grass in my lawn with a pallet. that's alot of dirt.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2014 04:30PM
It never end's. All that hard work in Maryland and now all that hard work in Florida.
May 08, 2014 05:40PM
Nah .... I moved to Florida ... so it would be EASIER Don. I distinctly recall the brochure saying ... Lemonaide poolside .... I KNOW I read that ... Ill find it. Give me a minute ....,

The Reader

Gary
May 08, 2014 10:59PM
Who'd have thought you'd become a leading consumer of dirt?
Sal
May 09, 2014 02:01AM
Every time I get anything delivered by truck I spend the ENTIRE time between delivery and using up the stuff in the driveway second guessing myself as to the quantity. This has lead me to always order more than I need and I ALWAYS end up using every last bit. How in the heck does that happen?

Last delivery was cypress mulch. By the numbers I needed 6 yards, I ordered 7 and then right before I got off the phone I said "better make it 8". Yep, used it all. Next project is a interlocking block retention wall. Of course I'll wait until July so it's nice and warm out.

If I were you Gary, I would order 2 of those truck loads and another of gravel!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 02:02AM by Sal.
May 09, 2014 04:15AM
Good advise Sal!

You are correct. The job always expands to use up all materials ... and just a bit more.

Fortunately - this time - I can mostly use the tractor.

My main man "Red" . has a smallish dump truck with what appears to be several million miles on it. Tires are a museum of all types made over the last 45 years. It's been down for a while. I keep calling him. I'd like to use him. He actually had toy gifts for my grandsons when they were here during a delivery once. Red is hunting for a replacement engine for his truck. Repairs failed. Been there. Pullin' for ya Red. And, it's been he, who gave me the name of the alternative guy. They've all been very courteous and helpful. The guy - when I ordered yesterday - regreted that he had to charge me an additional $5 for the load because their clay pit was damaged in the storms ... and they had to travel to another location to get the load. He understood if I could find another hauler - cheaper.

It's that kind of stuff that I need to remember - when I'm stressed.

Good to hear from you Sal. Thank you for your patience and friendship

Gary
May 09, 2014 04:16PM
Sounds like the way to go, no shovels! grinning smiley

Just kidding of course. With dirtwork projects you always end up with a shovel in your hand eventually, no matter what the original plan is. How does that work?more confused
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021