Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Progress Report

Progress Report
May 03, 2014 10:14PM
The Sinkhole is filled in. The underground drain pipes which were damaged have been repaired.

The sinkhole was about 10 feet by 15-20 feet by about 5 feet deep. Under the porch section now, there is about 18" of craw space. While backfilling the damage - I was freely standing under there and shovel conveying materials back to the deepest areas under the house. Involved using the tractor bucket to stage the materials up on the house terrace, then hand shoveling the materials back into the pit. From there, they were shoveled again; back under the house. Around all on the exposed foundation piers, pipes, etc.

I had recently had delivered, a tandem dual wheel dump truck full of clay/dirt/sand to fill errosion areas. I used all but a few scoops of it to refill this damage. More is ordered. I have a few new defense ideas. Trebuchet. Steam Cannon. Rolling towers. Large Hollow Wooden Horse. Trimaran. Just a few.

The driveway is repaired to half it's length.

Cleaning up messes.

We will get a better handle on it.

While everything is soaked - we are burning some brush in a pit covered with tight rat wire panels.

It is a beautiful day here.

take a bow

Gary
Re: Progress Report
May 04, 2014 08:19AM
Good to hear you have things under control Gary sunny Have you tough about the medieval defense method of a moat around the back of your house (if I understand your situation correctly) The Reader to keep the erosion at bay.

Hope you can work on my mold problem soon. whistling
May 04, 2014 01:11PM
Yeah - pretty soon I'm gonna publish Mother Nature's Complaint line number. She's made it hard to get to and stay in the shop. I honestly feel like I've gone on vacation if I get to stay in the shop!

Making progress. Passed the starting line again! Yay!!!

I haven't forgotten you. It just seems that way. winking smiley

Gary
May 04, 2014 02:10PM
Im relieved to hear that Gary cooler
May 04, 2014 04:00PM
Gary,

I heard you had 2' of rain in 24 hours. Near, if not a record with flooding everywhere.

I also heard Maryland is having the best weather they've had in 30 years.grinning smiley

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 04:01PM by Bigbore.
May 04, 2014 06:19PM
Thanks Lon,

Luv you too!

take a bow
May 04, 2014 04:18PM
Yes, the weather here is nice right now. There is about an inch of pollen on everything but the weather is mild. Hopefully, the non-allergic are touring BPN right now!
May 04, 2014 06:22PM
Dear God .... I hope so.

But ... I suspect only those who really wanted to look at brick Rancher styles - and were sent to the wrong address .... winking smiley
May 06, 2014 04:01PM
I think those trucks carry about five yards when full, that's a lot of shoveling!
May 06, 2014 07:20PM
dig it

Yes ... It is. I can confirm same!

I really put the injections to the test. Sure could not have done it the day before. I tried to pace it some. But it's not something I recommend.
May 07, 2014 07:00PM
Doesn't it just figure that it'd wash out in one of the few places you absolutely can't reach with the tractor?why me
May 07, 2014 07:12PM
100% probability.

More Drs. Prelim. appts today. Getting all set up with my support staff. Guess I wouldn't be much of a Mountain
Man ... Not for long anyway. winking smiley

Oh ... I wore out my dump truck driver. I feel terrible for Red. His trucks motor blew. He did repairs which didnt hold. Now he's looking for another. Nice fella. He's pointed me to other haulers twice. I have more clay arriving in the morning for more repairs and moat berms. Mother's Day weekend here is supposed to be stormy. Yay.

I'm making casting molds.

Darned big lizard sneaking up on me .... Gotta go. No - it's not a gator. ... Blue tail lizard ...,

Gary
May 07, 2014 08:34PM
Hay those blue racers are good eaten ! I hear they taste like chicken.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021