Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PICTURES! Stock work, Projects, PCP kits!

PICTURES! Stock work, Projects, PCP kits!
July 16, 2014 04:17AM
image.jpg

Working on the Outrider 50 Prototype's Stock!

image.jpg

Going well. Inletting the action ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

PCP kits! Just cut and machine to specs.!!

image.jpg

Ready for final buff and shipment.

image.jpg

From across the shop, thru the shelving unit, thru the doorway, into grinding room. Haven't lost the touch! (Had to move the blowpipe for a pic .... Had to see if I remembered! ). Haha.

Gary
Re: PICTURES! Stock work, Projects, PCP kits!
July 16, 2014 05:33AM
Mmmmmm, sawdust.
Mmmm.jpg
July 16, 2014 03:32PM
Sandwich bags full - $2 plus S+H. wow
July 16, 2014 06:34AM
That's looking like half a tree to start now you just remove everything that's not part of the stock ! Haha
Ps. Shop looks like you been there 30 yrs . That lived in look .
July 16, 2014 03:29PM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah - I chainsawed off the leaves yesterday. Hehe.

Don't let that look fool you. All the tools are brand new - just painted to look 50 years old! Hehe. It's a Stealth Lab! thumbs up.

It is comfy. When I get the lower shops to this shape, it will sure help. Right now they are clogged with everything in the wrong place. Ill get it.

Take Care,
Gary
July 16, 2014 12:13PM
Gary,

Very nice setup. I noticed the air conditioning unit in the first picture. Well lit and cool, I am sure it is enjoyable to be able to work on the rifles in that environment. The pcp kits, didn't know you stocked them in kit form smiling smiley

Hope you are doing well.

Pedro
July 16, 2014 03:15PM
Hi Pedro,

I do enjoy the shop. Thks.

The building is extremely well insulated. That's the ticket here. Therefore; that small window shaker is adequate to replace the nice dead LG unit up on the wall (seen above the blue mill). Cool is Cool no matter how its achieved ... scholar

Thks for commenting.

Gary
July 16, 2014 04:53PM
Nice, I didn't know you could mill cardboard self-hammer
July 16, 2014 08:57PM
Have searched the property, several times. Can't find a pneumatic sander I need. Bummer. Along the way, we unpacked many boxes and tubs. Organized some stuff. Kelly was a great help. But - even with her staring down the shop - no sander. Might be another causality of the move.

Gary
July 16, 2014 11:36PM
Some BTW Comments:

That's NOT a new Expedition Case. It's the last one from a couple/few weeks ago. I had to profile it, make the integral snap catch, and finish sand/polish it. Did it here and there over the last two weeks.

The whole Wedding Week had some requirements and opportunities that you just don't pass up. Daughter's Wedding. Family gathering. Son in USAF has been renting near his base for years. They like it here. Have decided to retire here - They had a house built this year. Nice new sod yard with sprinklers - new fence - nice setting. The Beach Reception got changed to their property. But - there were the things like ... "How do you string a circle of Japanese Lanterns up inside a square Canopy top?" Answer ... Gary. Stuff like that. So; of course, I was honored to help. Family today - especially with Military families (we had tree kids in - they married Military mates) ... we had our granddaughter marry a Military fellow. People are stationed all over. So; it's not often many are together. Of course, we were gonna take advantage. Groups of Grandkids within 100 miles - you can bet I'll see that Nana sees them for hugs. So; the week was mixed up a bit.

Point being ... I've grabbed every hour I could for these Outrider 50's. The prototype will be done soon. Today and yesterday ... searching for my inline air sander gave rise to .... "AHHH!!!!! .... THERE IS that other thing I WAS looking for last week." So; I'd put that away. Never did find the sander. Now thinking it was a casualty of the last trip. That was a really, really horrible one. Barely got out of there with my sanity. So; I'll sand otherwise. But - I did find many, many more things that got organized.

I very seriously need to get the lower shops set up to the degree of the upper shop. But - it takes time and money - and some help would have been nice. Just mentioning a few things in this thread ... lower key. This one is touchy. Cause - I want to update - but I can't respond to suggestions based upon logic or reality ... cause they won't apply. The Md. House. 1). We made sure all repairs were done well. Didn't sweep anything under the rug. 2). We found Realtors really wanted us to dump it so they could play the "sold in five days" game that's hot for them now. We were screwed by the Appraiser chosen. BUT - that is the current game. God help you if you have a house to sell. There is the website "Zillow". It is THE ALMIGHTY gOD SITE of everybody buying a house today. They go there .... see what they say your house is worth - and want it cheaper. Well - if Zillow doesn't have the details of your house right - you are screwed. If you didn't call them every time you painted the fence over the last 35 years - that's your fault. If they have the bedroom number and bathroom number - heck - even the floor number wrong .... tough. They don't change things. Beyond that ... our $400 Pre-Appraisal which we bought .... came in within a dollar or two of Zillow's price - and with the same mistakes. Yeah - odd. Now ... if you'd get someone to agree to buy your house for more then Zillow or the Appraiser's infallible price ... you are screwed again. Because - the bank will draw an Appraiser by lottery ... and they will do the same smoke and mirrors ... bet it comes in at Zillow's price. If you all agreed to more ... the bank will disallow the loan. So; tough toast.

3). "Comparbles". The HELL of selling a house. If you have a house to sell - it better be a Townhouse on a block of identical homes - several of which have sold within the week. Our home happened to be in a neighborhood of Victorian and early 20th Century homes. All of which are very different. AND ... it's a stable neighborhood where the homes hardly ever sell. SO: .... where is the recent sale to compare this house to? Well ... it becomes ANYTHING that's sold recently. If the neighborhood is totally different, house totally different, there's an elevated train track running outside the Master bedroom ... no matter. It SOLD. THAT is your price point. Huh??? stunned To be clear .... if you have a nice clean Range Rover to sell ... but the only thing that's sold in town recently was a couple of Dodge Mini-Vans .... well THERE ya go. Price point.

It's pointless to argue. Oh - you can believe I have. They all hate my guts. If they call your five room basement a "Partial with crawl space" ... that's it. Mistakes and hair brained logic stand. We've been thru five Realtors too - so no point telling me you know a good one. If you know a good one - they'll just get ground up in the cogs. The game is rigged. They are stamping out these robots.

Next phase ... Oh ... we've had something over 650 people look at the site on line ... probably lots more now .... and two or three couples at the most have walked thru on appointments. You see - original price didn't match Zillow. And ... Original pics SUCKED. So ... we moved on and I took some pics. Got new Realtor. Also ... you know all those home improvement shows and home sales shows???? Well ... ours doesn't have an acre of granite in the kitchen. We only have six bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths ... new windows, new electric, new plumbing, 3 floors, double lot ... patios, fountains, two fireplaces in, one out. But .... I don't know ... there isn't one of those 29 shower head set ups with the 80 inch waterproof TV in each of the kids rooms ..... So ... why waste the gas going to see it?

Oh ... the super talented Salespersons have ALL the finest tools to apply to selling your home. The ENTIRE toolbox can be encompassed in the phrase, "Slash the Price". And, we've even done that - twice. So ... we are now even below the infallible Zillow and Appraisers .... but now .... Gee - it must be day old Bread. Now it's been on the market too long.

So; all this is going on in the background WHILE I'm designing, tooling for, and prototyping a wonderful new chapter in BPS. Health? It sucks. Thanks for asking. wow Migraines are back with a vengeance. Hips, legs, buttstock regions, feet ... extremely painful. Whatever.

So; I've kept at it. Ya see ... I came in to take a break. Got to talking to you ... feeling a bit better. Who needs a sander. The texture will just make the truck bed liner stick better! Hey!!!!

Well ... I'll have some pics during the evening shift. Check back. Thanks for reading.
Hey - have a good thought for Larry. He's where that Big Blow hit the Phillipeans. Offline for now.

Best,
Gary
July 17, 2014 02:55AM
Gary,

Glad you could spend time with family. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time despite them using you for the lanterns, etc.

I can identify about missing tools when moving. I had been looking for my soldering iron (I had seen it once) and finally found it after a week of on and off searching.

VERY, VERY sorry to hear about how things are going with MD house. I cannot imagine the frustrations, anxieties, etc that you are going through.

I do not know the USA systems but I hear what you are saying. I have a friend who is an appraiser. He is rated one of Canada's top appraisers based on accuracy. Long story short, I had to lower my price almost $12,000 according to the Realtor because his appraisal was to high. Houses in the area were lower when we were selling compared to "comparable" of houses sold only 4 months prior that matched our starting price.

Kind regards,

Pedro
July 17, 2014 03:04AM
Hi Pedro,

I'm down $75k and can't pay anyone to walk thru the place.

Sort of pushes all my buttons at once to discuss it.

Thanks for the good thought.

Gary
July 17, 2014 03:44AM
Gary, just call that sawdust "wood flour" and you can get 14 dollars a quart from Kayak builders. We use it to thicken epoxy for fillets and to allow the epoxy to be molded and not sag/run. I've used a mini coffee grinder to make some saw dust ...wood flour... to match the surrounding wood inlets.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021