Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small Details ... Big Picture

Small Details ... Big Picture
August 09, 2014 07:08PM
image.jpg

There are a thousand small details which are hand engraved to connect, augment, and tell the story presented in the Expedition Cases.

This one might look similar to it did the last time you saw it ... But there are hours of work between the photos.

These cases are about the size of a Railroad Pocket Watch. They are built to an heirloom quality and worth of becoming a generational keepsake.

This one is ready to sand inside, inscribe, polish, and ship out. I hope it brings many smiles and daydreams of walks thru Alpine Valleys.

Gary
Re: Small Details ... Big Picture
August 09, 2014 07:18PM
I love it ! Trying to figure out if it's an 9point or 18point buck . I can imagine the bent over position you have to be in to engrave that long . It makes my back hurt just thinkin bout it ! So that is the back side of sunflower case? Or the front of a different one ?
Re: Small Details ... Big Picture
August 09, 2014 08:54PM
Hello Kurt,

The Sunflower case has the Studio Pines logo on the back.

THIS case also has the Studio Pines case in the back. It is sold.

BUT! .... When I worked on the Sunflower case .... I made the two major shells for another Expedition case - like this one. With this hunting scene on it and Studio Pines logo on the back. THAT one is not spoken for. It has the major stamps in place. I have raised the domes. I have not yet done the connecting engraving or hinge work. But it's a real nice case. In fact - it's Studio Pines logo looks very much like this - but is unique. The orig. proved to have issues striking. I made another. So this is the first use. Guess its for sale. I usually wait til it's a bit farther - but doesn't matter. It's secure. Ill show it.

Thanks for asking about these! I like them a lot. I can see - over time, making different designs. Having a few of them as collectibles - like pocket watches. winking smiley

Gary.

I have a bunch of ideas to support the machine while we are completing this major move and offloading the Md. Property. Please watch got small items to appear. Affordable items which might fill he spot for a gift or a personal smile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021