Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's baking .... hang on ... Snacks on the counter .... winking smiley

It's baking .... hang on ... Snacks on the counter .... winking smiley
September 10, 2014 02:29AM
It will come together but the shop has been unco-operative over the last week. winking smiley

I'm besting it into submission - better known as "hammering it into a commerative coin". grinning smiley

I have parts up to my ear lobes. Some are even ear rings!

I had hoped to have an extra knife. And the laminated wood - as mounted and ground - turned out to be butt ugly. Soooooo. The knife will have (does have) brass bolsters now ... And who knows what handle material will be there.

Another order knife has bolsters too now.

Sal's knife is coming along.

I made a new die plate for a special project we've been working on. The rolling mill uses a gas engine. In Md., I had it vented up the chimney. Here - nothing yet. Have not used it in years. Sure the engine would need therapy. But - I should just convert it to electric. Might. I could use it for a number of things. I tried the new die with the 50 ton press. No deal. Won't print. I need the mill.

Got barrels to finish. The days are too short bi know you'd enjoy pics. Let me sort it some please. Just a tangle right now. I'm beat. Need a shower and food.

Thanks for reading. Sorry the tease took so long. I thought a few things might cooperate.

I'm ok. Hope you are all well, and your families!

Gary
Re: It's baking .... hang on ... Snacks on the counter .... winking smiley
September 11, 2014 05:41PM
So Gary,

Is the roll press one of those that keeps rotating all the time, where you feed the work through from one side while trying not to let it snatch your fingers or your shirtsleeve?

I've seen a couple videos of guys making garden-type tools with rotary forges, working with tongs and red-hot billets while the "jaws" counter-rotate from above and below. Looks dangerous as heck, those rollers look like they could suck in a telephone pole and spit it out as matchsticks.

Hopefully yours isn't quite as... "exciting" to work with.skull
September 11, 2014 08:23PM
Hi Sean.

I design things a bit different. I'm not into man eating tools. It's designed to move - start and stop at will. Variable speed.

thumbs up

Gary
September 12, 2014 03:42AM
Sounds much more reasonable, the ones I saw making shovels and garden forks were the size of minivans. Of course, you're not pumping out a hundred copies an hour, and presumably your artwork doesn't need to be quite as hefty as a shovel. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021