Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tap on the Glass

Tap on the Glass
October 28, 2014 04:55PM
If you hear something muted ... Move the mouse and wake your computer. Might be the forum here reminding you that the history and potential here, depends on participation.

I feel a empathy with that guy you call at a hotel, for room service. The girl who changes the sheets and brings fresh towels. The pool guy who keeps the water clear. They are just supposed to be there, in the background. In the event that someone randomly wants a swim, sandwich, or a shower. Every morning, over a cup of coffee, I punch up the forum. Nothing. At 1am I post an account of an Alien landing - they were all carrying hand carved Bisons and early Tundras. They have been harvesting them from under beds for decades. I post pictures. Interviews. Then ..... I stare at the screen, over my coffee cup .... nothing.

When the pool is green and nobody answers the phone at the front desk ... I know ... there is another hotel next door. Please PM me the URL of the Barnes next door. Must be hundreds of them. I need some reading material. wow

No praise requested. Conversation, stories, experience accounts welcome.

Gary
Anonymous User
Re: Tap on the Glass
October 28, 2014 09:25PM
Just wanted to let you know that I will be camping in the Ocala forest soon amongst all the boar's. Talking to my uncle and he informed me of a few bear's. I just wanted to let you know that I am still here. I will start posting more on your site as i have acclimated to this new job and shift.
October 30, 2014 05:10AM
Hi Don,

Good to hear from you. Glad the job change and shift change are settling in. Gives me hope too. Thanks. I'm enjoying the knives and such, but that's not the real job. We are following every opportunity to get back to the main event. It will happen. Very much appreciate they support of the ones able to help us during these months. It won't be forgotten.

thumbs up
Gary
October 30, 2014 03:30PM
The "rest months"...ha! You're a funny guy. The winter is the season of snow shoveling, after all. You DO remember snow, don't you? It hasn't been that long since you moved down to sunshine country. sunny
October 30, 2014 04:37PM
Hi Sean,

I thought you all hibernated, played board games, and threw darts all Winter.

You don't mean you go OUTSIDE in -50F, do you?

grinning smiley

Gary
October 28, 2014 09:29PM
Hello Gary,

I am surprised you do not get more conversation going in here. There are a lot of members for this forum and like you have mentioned previously many never post. I could use someone from that hotel for service to wait on me today. I feel terrible. Got the stomach flu over night with severe nausea all day and worst. Started at 3am. Thought it was indigestion and took some Tums as I had heartburn. Well about 1/2 hr later I found out what it really was! As I type my stomach convulses like I want to dry heave. Being sick sure makes you appreciate when you feel well.

We had our first "snow" today but it was very wet and melted. I had raked leaves last night and this morning can hardly tell I was on the yard. The wind blew in much more. This year I thought I would try something different. Bought a leave blower/vac which also mulches. It actually works pretty slick but frequent bag emptying is required. The ratio of mulching is 18:1 as the company claims.

[www.worx.com]

I compared many models. Stihl blowers are mostly gas powered. Convenient but I do not want to be filling up all the time and a premium gas is to be used. This means going out of my way to a Shell station as the salesman recommended. The electric cord is a bit of a hassle but one I can live with.

It is a funny thing lately with sales people. I went to look at a Stihl and told him I was looking at a Worx. He said they work for a bit then break and good luck getting parts. On Worx's website they have all the parts listed, so how hard can it be? At a Case IH dealer the parts guy's opening line to customers "Hello Sir, how can I rip you off today?". Must be his attempt at humor but it leads me thinking don't buy there, I will get ripped off.

I will start another post on something a friend showed me regarding rat hunting. Looks like fun!

Pedro
October 28, 2014 11:01PM
Hi Pedro,

Sorry you feel bad. That just colors everything. Hope it passes quickly.

I've had electric yard tools. My personal experience is that nothing is simplier then a self contained gas unit. Hope your property lends itself to your choice. Tip - plant a shallow underground line out to a stake at various locations. Just cut in 6" deep with sunlight/underground coated #10 or 12 gauge Romex works great.

Back later.

Yeah. I'm sure everybody gets sick of my bellyaching about the forum. I just cannot understand, for the life of me; why it's such an imposition to take a minor participation in something you have chosen as your own particular interest. I haven't gone around nagging people to enjoy handmade airguns and knives and such. But, it just becomes a matter of intense refusal with readers. I can envision them attending parties, and standing in the corner - mad as heck, if anyone tried to speak to them. People are only happy if they can watch the party from a telescope, a mile away. Beats me. Sorry for attempting to entertain.

BTW Pedro. I'm finishing another piece ill put up tonight. Sssshhhhhhhhh.

winking smiley

Feel better.

Gary
October 29, 2014 02:24AM
Had some things come up. It's ok.

Will finish and post tomorrow afternoon.

Gary
October 29, 2014 04:14PM
Gary,

The underground cable and outlets around the yard are a great idea! I will look into that for spring!

Thanks,

Pedro
October 29, 2014 02:48AM
Still here, keeping busy getting ready for the first snow. Can't have the chickens freezing or the hose going through the snow blower, after all.

(good thing we don't have a smiley for either of those) winking smiley
October 29, 2014 04:01AM
Hi Sean,

Hope you can lay in all the Winter Snug items, wood carrier, get your armchair positioned, favorite shoulder blanket in place. Make sure you have a nice line of sight from the morning table thru the window. Norman Rockwell it up a bit.

Hope you enjoy the rest months.

Gary
October 30, 2014 03:38PM
Sean,
You'all don't have heated sidewalks up there? Some of the new construction around here ( Michigan ) they are putting them in . Mostly if front of entrances but hey you never know , could be solar panel heated highways soon ! Hey it could happen .
November 01, 2014 12:09AM
Heated sidewalks? Not exactly. eye rolling smiley Where I live there's no sidewalks at all, just a road. The kids have to go to a "real neighborhood" to trick-or-treat, since you'd hit maybe a dozen houses a mile out here, many with long dark driveways and barking dogs. Not exactly welcoming to the door-to-door crowd, but it does keep the vacuum cleaner salesmen away. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021