Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time at the range

Sal
Time at the range
January 10, 2015 06:27PM
I've been meaning to post for a while now, been busy with vacation and then recovering from vacation, winking smiley.

Me and the boys put about 800 rounds through the Career 707 .22 Carbine, Beeman Millennium .20 HW97K and the Air Arms TX200. I finally had a chance to set up some of the reactive targets I had made about 14 years ago, we had such a good time the boys are now asking to shoot with me. Being a father of two boys (I'm sure some of you can relate), there is nothing better than a child asking to do something with you, especially as they get older. All wrapped up in their video games and hand held computer gadgets.

Here is a picture of our range, no targets set up when I took the picture, the forest line starts about 25 yards back.
image.jpg

This is Andrew shooting the HW97K.
image.jpg

Here are a few pics of the reactive targets I made, resettable by that fishing leader with an attached string. Some I made but never attached to the base.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Enjoy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 06:33PM by Sal.
Re: Time at the range
January 10, 2015 06:47PM
EXCELLENT!!!!

wow

Encouragement to make your "super-choked 50 Cal! Outrider!!!" Hehe

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 06:49PM by barnespneumatic.
January 11, 2015 04:47AM
I like your targets Sal. Fun to make those things.

Enjoyable to plink. My Grandson and I were shooting at old leather gloves hung from a wire. Catches the BBs with a pretty strong thud and shake of the glove.

Gary
January 12, 2015 05:49PM
Very nice, are the rings surround the target area aluminum or steel?
Sal
January 13, 2015 03:25AM
I tried using aluminum at one point, some 3/16 stuff I had laying around but it deformed over time and caused me all kinds of problems. I switched to stainless (insert stainless comment here) and havn't had any more problems, even stands up to the 707 .22cal. The rabbit and the rat are early prototypes which I used some galvanized washers, those work super but I was limited by size selection.
January 13, 2015 04:31AM
Hi Sal,

Yeah - I'd get a nice sheet of inch thick Stainless Steel to make some targets for your Outrider. You can use your Water Jet machine to slice them out! laughing

Oh wait - you didn't order the extra Magnum Trigger Guard ... You'll be fine ... thumbs up

I like your targets. You must be pretty good shots to keep 98% of the strays on the washers. Good job. winking smiley

Gary
January 29, 2015 03:08AM
No kidding, good shooting. If'n twere at my abode, they'd probably all look like they had a bad case of "lead pox". injured
January 13, 2015 02:30AM
That's great! You get to spend time with your children and get them outside. Nice targets!

Thanks for sharing,

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021