Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preparing to Jig Weld remaining Outrider Actions

Preparing to Jig Weld remaining Outrider Actions
February 03, 2015 12:01AM
image.jpg

Getting the rest of the Action Components prepared. It's helping with efficiency and will hasten getting into more concentration on the Ledger Guns.

Gary
Re: Preparing to Jig Weld remaining Outrider Actions
February 03, 2015 03:11AM
Gary,

I am sure the folks on the ledger will appreciate knowing you are commencing to work on ledger rifles.

Hope your health is good. I got over the flu from 3.5 weeks back and now sick as ever, AGAIN! Hopefully it clears up after a nights rest.

Remind me, next year no flu shot! Seems to make things worse for me.

Looking forward to seeing more rifles completed, and I know it won't happen in a week!

Have a blessed week!

Pedro
February 03, 2015 03:28AM
Hi Pedro,

Bummer. Heal fast. Things do hang on. Honestly - I was 10 weeks getting over that chest "thing". It seemed to go away and return several times. Ok now. Mainly fight the headaches. Everything else has just become part of the "new normal". Hey - you aren't just staying home to get more time with that printer ... Are you??? Hahaaaahh. laughing.

Hey ... Battery dying.

You rest. Chicken Soup.

Prayers,
Gary
February 03, 2015 08:02PM
No, actually sick! sicksick
No printing today - I can hardly concentrate. I did try a few things over last few days and still learning. Now need to focus on things reflecting airgun related posts smiling smiley
February 03, 2015 05:00AM
Probably printing up a custom mug for the soup. winking smiley
February 03, 2015 08:03PM
Haha, good one!
February 03, 2015 11:37PM
I've pulled aside another set of the 50 cal Action parts for welding. Fun to see them come together.

I have been working towards getting ALL of the parts done - that's most effecient. However; it takes the longest time without having anything to show. So I've decided to assemble another sooner.

It's been 1 month since the house sold. Time has been spent on dozens of uninteresting life requirements, parts, and project clean up. More lead flying shortly - result if those parts.

I try to keep you in the loop. Often, that happens when I leave the shop for a walk up to the house. I jot down a few quick thoughts. Thanks for reading. The range sessions and testing videos will getore complete as things settle down. Still seems like just yesterday that the messy part resolved. It's all getting better.

Ill have another action firing in a couple of days.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 03:31AM by barnespneumatic.
February 04, 2015 03:50AM
Gary,

Amazing how time goes by so fast. Life has many appointments that detract from what we would rather be doing but have to be done. A friend reminded me today via a phone call; I told him I was sick and he said it could be worse. He went on to say we are blessed and we have much to be thankful for compared to 90% of the world who struggle day to day. I agreed with him of course but when your sick it doesn't feel that way.

Speaking of worse things. A friend's family had to make a difficult decision this week. Their father had heart surgery last week and things went badly. Don't know all the details but they made the decision to unplug life support as there was no hope in recovery. Only a machine keeping him alive. That would be stressful for anyone!

Your posts are sounding positive and less stress. Hope I am interpreting them correct and that that is the case!

Taking time to complete one rifle out of sequence shows some commitment to the forum. I am sure the readers appreciate it.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Pedro
February 04, 2015 05:44AM
Thank you Pedro,

I sincerely appreciate your posts.

I am feeling improved and more positive. Thank you.

I agree. Compared to so very many, our life is quite easy. As anything grows to stress it's boundaries, we fill our lives with additional stressful obligations right up to our limits. I know that many - perhaps most - of our situations are the results of decisions we have made. There are, however; many major game changing situations that are put on us. Everybody has them. In a format like the forum, where I'm talking to many clients; I share a bunch of personal information which seems relevant to time, efforts, obligations, etc. People who know me locally, don't hear/know any of that stuff. They don't know I have any skills, or have a care. Readers here get the inside perspective. That's not my desire - I'd just rather post an endless string of completed projects. That's not possible - so I give progress reports and traffic reports of delays. That's kind of an example: everybody would just rather cruise straight on in to work at the speed limit plus 5. But - the traffic reports of delays are the realistic version of the week. I spent much of one day this week adjusting, fixing, and lubricating a couple of major tools I use. Time nobody pays me for - every shop does it - but it doesn't produce finished pictures to show.

Sorry to hear about your friend's family. Much sorrow there. Only time, family, work, friends will make any ease in the hurt. I'm sorry.

Thank you for your participation. I enjoy it.
God Bless. Feel Better,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021