Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Birthday Larry!!!

Happy Birthday Larry!!!
February 15, 2015 02:23PM
Our Bud Larry just had a Birthday!

It's a significant number. Well done Larry!!!

Keep 'em coming ... wow

Gary
Re: Happy Birthday Larry!!!
February 16, 2015 09:21AM
Gary,

Thanks... I was so excited I went fly fishing in a cement fish containment pond with 5000 or so 3 to 5 lb Tilapia. Think fish in a barrel. I use a fly made of foam that they call a spider or ant. Made in China... This is the place where they feed the fish pellet shaped food. I wanted to tie a fly shaped like a food pellet to "Match the Hatch" but they like the fake ants fine..

Thanks again,

Larry
February 16, 2015 05:37PM
That's some fun stuff there Larry . I love tying my own flies outta found or caught materials .
Happy Birthday
February 16, 2015 11:05PM
Hey - I have some of Kurt's Tied Artwork. Looks "Tasty" to me and I'm not a fish! fish

I really wanted to see Larry's hand tied fish food Pellet fly. winking smiley

Gary
February 17, 2015 12:14AM
Gary, Kurt,

Kurt your work is art I was very impressed great looking fly's.

Gary thanks for showing those fly's.

Gary I think the "Pellet Fly" will stay on the drawing board for now.. I think it has limited use worldwide except in fish farms and hatchery's. Ha Ha.

Fly fishing is not at all common here in the Philippines. The locals keep asking me why I keep pulling the line out of the water and then flicking it back and forth. They think I should just put more weight on and throw the fly out by hand and put a big bamboo bobber on too. sigh.. I gave up trying to explain.

Thanks,

Larry
February 17, 2015 12:44AM
Americans!

why me

Haha.
February 17, 2015 02:45AM
Tsk, tsk...playing with your food is what we call fly fishing up here.

My rule is you catch it, you eat it.smileys with beer
February 17, 2015 03:32AM
Here on the Redneck Rivera, we generally just run it over with our truck, then fry it. Green bowing

Gary
February 17, 2015 12:20PM
Yes I eat what I catch in the safe ponds. These grow out cement tanks are really huge and feed direct from a mountain stream so they are safe to eat.. Some of the ponds are poison and scares me that the people eat the fish from them.

I catch Tilapia here and they are really good tasting fish..

Larry
February 17, 2015 02:52PM
Good point there Larry, if you don't trust the water they live in, you shouldn't eat the fish.

Now as to Gary and his truck, well, the catfish down south must have gotten a lot tougher than last time I was there. winking smiley Not to say that a proper redneck wouldn't run one over just on principal if it were crossing the road right in front of him, of course. more innocent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021