Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sal - 25 Outlander

Sal - 25 Outlander
February 11, 2015 01:42AM
I machined your special valve body housing this evening. It started with solid steel billet. I have done 15 seperate machining operations/steps to it so far. It's now the basic building block which will build your rifle. Many other parts are the same as with the 50 cal. There are a bunch of parts set aside for you. I'll get this action welded ASAP.

Gary.
Sal
Re: Sal - 25 Outlander
February 11, 2015 11:42AM
Thanks for the update Gary! Your moving at quite the clip these days. The kids have been asking about "The Gun", I've been showing them pictures of your work, then the questions start smiling smiley. So how many shots do you think we can squeeze out of the .25 in between fills?

On another note, I haven't bought pellets in 15 years, the other day I was looking to refresh my stockpile and was shocked at how much prices have gone up. Where do you guys get your pellets? I'm looking at all sizes .177 .20 .22 and soon .25.

Do you have any favorites among the mass produced pellets that work well with your .25 Gary? Have you ever tried the JSB Exact?

Happy machining!
February 12, 2015 03:12PM
Hi Sal,

Just buy a tin of this of that. Don't buy a pallet of anything yet. Hehe. winking smiley

Years ago, I bought a bunch of Beeman Kodiaks. They seem to usually work well in my guns. I think your JSB Exacts are similar. Aren't they like the Old Crossman Premier in design? Ill freely admit I'm not a pellet expert. I usually cast slugs. BTW, there will be a bunch of Barnes slugs the rifle will like.

Ill test some stuff. That is if I can ever find my missing tooling. Or else, I must remake it (then ill be sure to immediately find the existing stuff).

take a bow

Gary
Sal
February 13, 2015 06:23PM
Geez Gary, I hope you find your tools. I would hate for you to have to make something, again, just to work on the .25.
Yes, the JSB exacts look something like the Crossman Premiers, I have 2500 of those darned things in .22, they don't work in my 707's magazine, that was a bummer.

Kodiaks seem to work pretty well in just about everything over .20, using them in springers of .177 and .20 they seem to bee too heavy.

I'll attach a picture of the JSB's when I'm on my phone, it's so much better attaching pictures that way.
image.jpg
image.jpg
February 14, 2015 04:33AM
Hi Sal,

Looks like a good pellet.

You will also be able to shoot 25 cal Buckshot ball. I think it's triple O size. Not all is spherical.

Now - I shouldn't even tell you that Hornady made good spherical buck. When they stopped making 32 buck, I wrote a couple of times. Sent them some pics of my guns designed to shoot their 32 buck. Got crickets and yawns.

We will check what the barrel and power plant likes. We will find some good ammo. Don't stock up in advance please.

Gary
February 16, 2015 03:05AM
Wonder if anyone makes decent .308/.309 round ball, I'll bet it would move right out through my Woodsman insert.
February 16, 2015 03:46PM
Ah .... Sean ....

Far be it from me to ever say I told ya .... Ah .... whistling

But if ya go back a few years ... Hehe ... You'll find me telling you that .310" is a regular production/common size, and you should "get you some." And ... You'll remember from your Barnes Ballistic Primmer ... you always shoot round ball larger then your normal slug size. Since a ball only touches the bore at its equator belt, you want that deeply seated. The .310" ball should be perfect. Definitely supersonic from your rifle.

smileys with beer

Gary
February 17, 2015 03:02AM
Got it, I'll start looking around.

Also, any recommendations on a chrongraph? The Chronys are priced right, but do they work well at airgun velocities, and without jacketed bullets?
February 17, 2015 03:28AM
Hi Sean,

I have to laugh ya know .... everyone searches the peripheral vision of my pics for extra data .....

image.jpg

Yes ... CHRONY products work very well. I've used them for the last 8 years min.

I've never gotten the printer or remote read out. Never felt the need.

They work fine with arrow velocities on up.

Gary
February 17, 2015 03:10PM
Hmmm, that photo is pretty cryptic, I'll have to submit it to the NSA enhancement software to ferret out the hidden images. winking smiley
Sal
February 18, 2015 08:10PM
I see a squirrel!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021