Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doing WOOD work. winking smiley. Pic later

Doing WOOD work. winking smiley. Pic later
February 28, 2015 10:37PM
As the weeks go by, I learn more where things are here. I know where any of a thousand things are here - trouble is I have ten thousand. So; it will phase in.

Ill show some more stock work later. Had some stuff I did today that needed doing. Got my truck back from the shop. Boy, they LOVE to tell me how rusty is is underneath from road salt up North. They sort of tell me over and over and wait for an explanation as to why I didn't pressure wash the bottom when I got home and it was 10 degrees and sleeting. Haha. Nobody here is from HERE. They all came from Pa., Maine, Boston, etc. wonder why. Haha.

Well - funny. It's 51F here at 5:34 PM. But the air is very, very wet and feels like I used to remember 32 feeling up North. I don't know the med. reason, but we do acclimate to surroundings. We used to laugh at relatives from Florida. Now I'm simply freezing at 40F. Sorry for you guys in REAL cold. Hunker down. Toss a log on the fire. Stay safe.

Gary
Re: Doing WOOD work. winking smiley. Pic later
March 01, 2015 02:34AM
image.jpg

I'd have loved to get more done today. As it worked out, I did get some time to begin rounding the stock lines. Molding the contours.

You realize these are not the Black Diamond guns. So; there must be a little bit of a contrast between the $4k and $10k product. However; these are 100 % handmade and function very well. I like the design. I believe they have nice lines, and ill be able to do neat things with the series.

Note how just this amount of molding has turned the pc. into a nice rifle.

Best,
Gary

Enjoy your Sunday. Thanks for reading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 04:26AM by barnespneumatic.
March 01, 2015 03:45AM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for sharing. I found years ago that living near a lake in winter felt much colder due to humidity. We had 24 F this afternoon and then dropped to 5. A few more weeks of cold and then will be near to melting. Such an odd winter never did get climatized.

It is interesting how people from other areas comment on "why didn't you do this" and haven't lived where you do. They don't understand the does and don'ts much like we do not understand the rational about ow things are done in their locale until we have been there awhile.

Rifles are looking great! Customers will soon be proud owners.

Thanks for posting.

Pedro
March 01, 2015 10:46PM
Starting to take GREAT shape, very nice lines. What is he wood?

Gary L
March 01, 2015 11:39PM
It's Mahogany.

It takes on such a nice hue in a couple of years.

image.jpg

Here's a Grey Fox which is a few years old.

Gary
March 01, 2015 10:59PM
Walnut and blued?
March 01, 2015 11:46PM
Hi Sean,

No ... if you recall ... I have no bluing shop set up yet. Also, these rifles have been made to be what everyone has always claimed to want. Simple, clean, less expensive, easy maintenance, toss in the pickup bed and go hunting.

Mahogany and Gulf Coast Finish.

Thanks for stirring the pot though Sean ..., whistling .... WHAT!!!??? why me. No 7 Star Walnut and Black Chrome Foot Deep Bluing!!!??? injured

tongue sticking out smiley

Gary
Sal
March 02, 2015 01:13AM
I'll take the Gulf Coast Finish any day!
March 02, 2015 04:26AM
WHAT?!? You're doing black chrome now??? How'd I miss out on that? winking smiley
March 02, 2015 02:24PM
Oh NO! You had to have Stainless Steel ... why me. With the Kryptonite set screws. surprised

Haha.

thumbs up

No Black Chrome For You!

Gary
March 02, 2015 03:27PM
Gary , Sean :
Black chrome comes in a spray can too for the at home doityourselfer !
Not sure it it will stick to stainless steel without scrufing it up first .
Sal
March 02, 2015 04:31PM
I prefer hammered bronze in a spray can for my high dollar air gun finishes. crazy
March 02, 2015 05:58PM
Yeah...like I'm really gonna go at it with a brillo padself-hammer
March 02, 2015 06:16PM
Hi Gary,

This one is looking sleek and traditional. Nice work with the lines, I personally live the plate with the name engraved on it. Nice touch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021