Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

100% minus 1%

100% minus 1%
March 17, 2015 03:17AM
Had the Outrider done tonight - realized I wanted a smoother fit on the cocking notch to handle diameter. Took it down. Reassemble in the am. Done.

Really fine rifle. Pics tomorrow.

Next one has accumulated parts all week too. Coming along.

Gary
Re: 100% minus 1%
March 17, 2015 03:48AM
Mr. Barnes,

Glad things are coming together. You sure are working a lot of hours. I am getting over another case of the flu! Same thing I had a month ago and a month prior to that!!! Either my immune system is non existent or the flu strain is terrible this year.

Wife bought some really nice soft dinner rolls. She found a recipe online, the buns are called "funeral buns" as that is often where they are served. I asked her to make a batch. At the rate am going with the flu, when I went to nap, told her it was my death bed. Sorry, an attempt at humor. It has been a lousy 4 days.

Looking forward to seeing the 50 cal completed!

Have a great week!

Pedro
March 17, 2015 04:51AM
Pedro,

Sorry Bud. I know the unwelcome trouble that just will not go away. That is terrible. For those long slogs, I use heavy Vicks on my chest. Sleep when you can. Feed the brain with interesting things. I've been fascinated with homemade Band Saw Sawmills. Relatively straight forward to build. I've also always had a soft spot for having a really strong resawing bandsaw for the shop. And, Panel Saw designs sneak into my thinking. Isn't it a bummer the spans of our lives which are wasted on things we don't care to do and all of the sudden, decades have passed. I used to just go make the stuff ... Power Hammer? Why not ... just need a couple of tons of steel .... Rolling Mill ... Sure. Shop? Pc. of Cake. haha.

Well, these days it's shop time.

Now ... today, I did have to rescue Kelly and the Kids. They were assembling a baseball backstop with sprung net to return the ball. Seems our 10 year old Grandson was told on his second day at practice to join the special team. We have a pitcher. Gonna be a bit late for me, but .... hahahah

OK ..... Chicken Soup. Vicks. Sleep. ... Oh .... and the Forum. thumbs up

Gary
March 18, 2015 05:53PM
Just think how strong his arm would be if you had him pumping the bellows on your charcoal forge, apprentice-style. laughing again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021