Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts/Projects Progress

Parts/Projects Progress
March 21, 2015 07:45PM
Sal - got your Action Housing complete and Blued. Working on your barrel/moderator combo. Made your pressure reservoir and threaded it. Intake is coming along. thumbs up. Will start stock with Kurt's.

Kurt - Action Housing complete and blued. Made your reservoir and threaded it. Barrel pulled and ready to thread. thumbs up

Jamie - Action Housing complete and blued. Reservoir made and threaded. Barrel is made and threaded. Stock coming along. thumbs up

Ed Nic... - 308 Squirrel Rifle - Ledger Gun - action complete and firing/functional. Have decided to Chemically Blue the action as this will allow me to finish it without waiting for the bluing shop. (Besides - the gun, when ordered, was a Chemically Blued Gun). Hot Blue would have just been a free gift. But - there are so many other free improvements over the orig. design, I figured you'd be fine to get it complete faster.

Ok ... That's the score. Pics when appropriate.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 07:51PM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
Re: Parts/Projects Progress
March 21, 2015 08:21PM
So close the squirrels have already vacated the neighborhood! Good thing I'm working on some more "durable" targets. Any idea about how many shots we may get in between fills with the power turned down? I forget, does this pcp have power adjustment?

We just finished up doubleheader football games in Port St. Lucie, time for the 3.5 hour drive back, I may be a bit delirious.
March 22, 2015 08:48PM
I'm really liking the choice to blue the gun parts . I only saw pics of south beach coating finish, but that deeeeep blueing has really got me going . Little more traditional for us old guys ! Hehe
Thanks for the update . Also really glad your doing ledger items too . I'm sure your mental status will appreciate it and that weight slowly lifting ! Buckle down and GIT ER done and you can move all those crazy ideas from the back of your brain to work bench . I'm stoked !!
March 22, 2015 11:08PM
Thanks Kurt,

Don't forget ... for all you old traditional guys ... Every Rifle I make is a DIRECT COPY of a Mdl. 94 Winchester. Any differences noted, are the direct result of my lack of skill in copying the work of others, or my inability to make repetitive copies. Thank You.

take a bow

Gary
March 23, 2015 02:29AM
Gotta look at the positive side, Gary. At least you're not expected to make everything look exactly like an AR-15 clone, which seems to be every other gun these days.eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 48
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021