Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend
April 09, 2015 02:07AM
Hello Readers,

I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend. I was kept rather busy with family. My sister inlaw came by with my nephew. I promised my nephew to spend time with him. Saturday we went to Winnipeg to the Museum of Man and Nature. He really enjoyed it and I hadn't been there in almost 10 years. The museum showcases mostly natural histoy about man and nature hennce the name.

IMG_5436_resized_0_resized_0.JPG

Almost run over by the buffalo.Really nice display.

As we walked through saw some nice old flint lock rifles and lastly a Henry repeater. Snapped a few pics for my own reference. Sunday we spent the day at my parents and stayed the night. Took Monday off and spent the later evening resting and reading.

Tuesday was in Winnipeg again for a small manufacturing show. Now back at work and catching up. Insurance adjuster came by today to determine the damage caused by the overflow of our water softner. It will be a mess as the water ruined the flooring and walls. At least they are paying.

Things are warming up and hoping to get out and back into shooting.

Hope everyone is well.

Pedro
Re: Easter Weekend
April 09, 2015 09:37AM
Hi Pedro
Looks like a fun time at museum especially with nephew along . Had a great Easter my self family and friends . He is risen . We have always done Palm Sunday at my folks and Easter at the outlaws . We take honey baked ham , beans and potatoes over to the house so it's a very relaxing meal for my mother inlaw who is 87 yrs young . She just gave up driving this year and I think she enjoys being driven around .

Thanks
Kurt
April 10, 2015 03:01AM
Sounds like you had a very good weekend. He is risen indeed. Nice of you to bring the food and I am sure it helps everyone relax especially your mother in law.

Pedro
April 10, 2015 04:42AM
Sounds like a wonderful day. I would have enjoyed it.

You know, in 1966, my family went on a 6 week tour of the "Holy Lands". We spent 10 days in Jerusalem. We visited the "Garden Tomb". Saw the stone trough where the sealing stone rolled. In 1966, we were still allowed to go inside. I saw the carved crypt. The entire tomb was carved from the solid rock and an 11 year old boy had to duck to enter. An amazing experience. As you have said - HE was not there, but risen. As attested to by the dozens of people he appeared to after the Resurrection.

God Bless,
Gary
April 11, 2015 12:53AM
Wow, that would have been something, traveling to Israel in 1966. Very cool that you saw the tomb. Be an incredible experience.

Thanks for sharing that.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021