Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spring

Spring
April 11, 2015 11:42PM
It's Spring here. The rains seem to have begun. And last night was fierce for accumulation.

I've been working on a bunch of parts. I know it's frustrating that everything doesn't just follow a straight line. This rifle. Start rifle. Hang with this rifle, finish this rifle. Believe me ... I understand the concept. But then, that involves .... Prepare one of these parts, now put away all the drills, reamers, mills, heat treating stuff, Get out all the stuff to blue this rifle's parts, put all the stuff away you just used. Especially in this unfinished crowded phase .... It's a mess. I'm really trying.

It's just pounding down rain again ....

BTW .... We've been sorting out some of my meds. I'm ok, but it's complicated. Recently big swings in BP. So; it really affects the day. Too low and you are dizzy and totally wiped out. Don't ask me how I know. Don't run lathes then.

Ok .... Yayyyy. Dinner.

Hope your Sunday is blessed

Gary
Re: Spring
April 12, 2015 02:06AM
Do the docs suggest cutting out the coffee for the BP? I know it's a tough one and not sure if really related to your problem.
April 12, 2015 02:38AM
PhiuuuFufffpppppt......gasp!!!

Good Grief Steve!!! Please warn me if you are gonna utter life threatening blasphemy!!!!

No ... Never mentioned. Honestly Steve ... It's half decaf and like 3 mugs a day over 18 hours.

The thing now is making meds play nice with others. Great fun.

No worry. Not complaining. Just the blog part. Why sometimes I work my buttstock off and have pics - others I work my .... and have less pics. Also did some required "stuff" around here. The whole part about having much less to do ... ahhhh ....

Thanks for commenting.
Gary
April 12, 2015 03:42AM
Your good at 3 mugs. I thought it was like 13. Dr Steve thinks you'll be fine. Eat a spoonful of raw honey.... cures all ailments. I tell my kids that one all the time when they get sick. You should see the look i get.
April 12, 2015 03:38PM
The you Dr. Steve!

I've been prescribed Honey before. Must be hard Science with two recommendations!!

thumbs up

Gary
April 12, 2015 02:38AM
Hard spring rains here in Michigan too . I've had enough of the other stuff. The river behind my house came up about 7 feet in three hours. Good thing all snow has melted . I did see some crocuses push thru ground . And also feed some ducks up close to house . Hope you get your meds all straightened out . Sometimes it can take awhile . I'm not trying to rush ya but sure would like to see some power hammer action when you get her up and running . With some of my recent hand/ wrist issues , I was thinkin of throwing something together . I saw a cool you tube one ( small ) made with 8 cyl block that looked like something I could improve on .
Happy Sunday to you and Miss Kelly and all the other readers .

Thanks
Kurt
April 12, 2015 03:55PM
Hi Kurt,

Real nice to hear from you on a Sunday morning. Our plans were messed up by the weather. At Church this morning, they were going to have a once yearly service, out on the lawn ... Called "The Blessing of the Pets." doggie. That's a new one on me. The Church has a couple if services. The early one is for the old coots like me, but I feel pretty beat up in the am and it's 85 miles away. (We started visiting because our Son goes there and his home is about 10 miles away.) So; we have to get there by about 10;30 (if you want any Cappachino in the snack room whistling.

The Church is one like you often see today - Steel Building. Not Pretentious. And the place is not all about money. They have a middle aged semi-retired Minister and a Younger Minister. Both are spot on good men. So; while its a little louder in the music then the Churches of my youth, we enjoy the people and service.

Well, 85 miles in pounding rain and wading thru the parking lot (every parking lot in Fla. becomes a pond in hard rain). We bugged out. So it was nice to see you and Steve here.

take a bow

Gary
April 12, 2015 08:52PM
Raining like mad here, and is supposed to do so thru NEXT Tuesday!!! And that's only because that is the fartherst projection!! Oh joy. How do people live in Seattle!
April 13, 2015 02:55AM
I hope the drainage system is working better this year!
why me

Scott
April 13, 2015 04:17AM
Hi Scott,

It's carrying tremendous volumes of water, and sand. However; it doesn't leave a neat configuration after a storm. So; I have to use the tractor to tidy up, remove sand from the settlement bowls. It's not what I want. Definitely in the column of: "Things I did not know I did not know".

I slowly realize how to live here. But the time passes faster then I slowly realize. hourglass

Thanks for asking!

Gary
April 14, 2015 06:26PM
I remember it raining like that in lower Alabama, real frog-stranglers. Eventually you'll get your drainage system upgraded to "gully-washer" level, the tricky part is getting the gullies to wash themselves so you don't have to shovel them out as much. Around here it seldom rains as hard as it does down there, it's more of a drizzle that never really lets up for very long. sad smiley Everything stays damp all the time, we don't have lawns, we have horizontal moss farms. The stuff grows everywhere; rooftops, garden sheds, picnic tables, even on cars that are driven every day. Anywhere a little bit of dust or dirt could accumulate like the little gaps around tail lights, the moss will eventually make a home.

Although given a choice between that and venomous snakes/gators, I guess a bit of moss isn't all that bad. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021