Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scout Progress

Scout Progress
May 03, 2015 03:22AM
image.jpg

I have been assembling parts on the Ledger Scout. Looking very nice.

I've figured a way to incorporate the barrel clamps and rings for a ramrod. The Original Rifle used a loose ramrod. There are a dozen upgrades on the rifle which were not included on the prototype (inside and out). I add in where I can.

I should get some range testing and a couple of rifles out this week. Sorry for the health stuff this week.

Gary
Re: Scout Progress
May 03, 2015 01:04PM
This one is looking good. Good luck on the range session. The owner will be pleased with the upgrades that you included in this Scout.

I would like to wish you the best on your health and on your working plans for this week.
Anonymous User
May 04, 2015 01:44AM
I am sure that the customer will appreciate the advanced upgrade's. Very compact and powerful.
May 04, 2015 06:52PM
I like the looks of it. But is it missing a trigger?

Scott
May 04, 2015 10:10PM
Hi Scott,

This is a "Safety Scout" Scott. Triggers are inherently dangerous .... hahahah.

Maybe you will like it better when it's complete ..... ha.

Thanks for commenting.
Gary
May 05, 2015 12:45AM
It think it is coming along nicely!
It looks like it will have a trigger similar to my Bison, with an upward pull. Is that correct?

Scott
May 05, 2015 03:59AM
Hello Scott,

It is similar in geometry to the Bison. Due to the thumbs' position of "up and over" the wrist area.

I'll get in trouble ... memory fails .... I know you used private resale to find a Bison; but I forget which one you claimed. Was it the customer applied Browned finish Bison?
Some of them had set triggers.

This Scout is pretty true to the prototype's sizes and lines. The customer really wanted iron sights, after I had planned to have about 4" 11mm 60 degree rails. So; I had to go back into the milling machine (with a finished/blued Receiver), and create the back groove, then design a triple ghost ring for the front. I'm anxious to test the design.

The weekend grew to include Monday with family duties. Then, getting back around noon Mon., I worked like a dog on some mindless required tasks outside.

l'll amass more data before I report ... but I'm still alive.

Thanks very much for checking in. I have some serious "back room Skunk Works" designs forming. The adult stress is all about completing Ledger Projects. That's Prime.

Gary
May 05, 2015 10:52PM
Gary,

You are correct about my Bison. Despite the aftermarket modifications it still holds air well and shoots straight. I'm still not convinced I have found the best slug for it. But, that may be my poor shooting with iron sites....google eyes Or it may just mean I just need to spend more time at the range! nowthatIthink

Scott
May 06, 2015 12:02AM
We can correct that. That's a fine barrel unless it was damaged.

Ill look up what I shot in it.

BTW .... You realize that was the FIRST Bison?

Gary
May 06, 2015 01:14AM
Here is a quick picture of my Bison, with the appropriate slug loading tool (aka: ramrod). "festive"
Although this Bison did not take down the bison hide on which it is resting, I thought it was a fitting place to pose for a picture. sunny
Unfortunately the photo quality is relatively poor. I will have to try a glamour shot next time I'm at the range....
Made in 1999.

Scott
Bison.jpg
May 06, 2015 03:04AM
Hi Scott,

Someday ... when all the Ledger Pcs. are done ... you must allow me to restore this pc. of yours.

The ramrod isn't mine. No biggie. But - those aren't my stripes. The rear sight assembly isn't mine. And, it's way too far down the barrel for good shooting. You note the brass original rear sight base. The remainder of the sight was a brass knurled stud cross drilled in a spiral climbing progression of holes. You'd rotate to the hole which corresponded to the yardage and matched the front sight's post in a Ring.

I know the gun has been apart a time or so after leaving my care.

I suspect there are a few things that might make the First Bison "happier". Glad you have it Scott.

Gary
May 07, 2015 08:00PM
I remember seeing a knurled brass "spiraling holes" sight on one of your rifles, I'm sure there's a photo of it on the webpage somewhere. Probably not the one attached to Bison #1 given that the internet was still driven by steam engines and leather belts back in '99. winking smiley

There's literally millions of military-style rifles built by H&K and CETME that use a similar system, with a rotating "barrel" on the rear sight with multiple aperture to adjust elevation for various ranges. It's a very sturdy and robust system, makes me wonder what happened to the original on this rifle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021