Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scout is close. Pic

Scout is close. Pic
May 06, 2015 11:56PM
Very good progress.

Back after dinner, with pic ....

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 04:55AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Scout is close. Pic
May 07, 2015 02:46AM
image.jpg

Here's a prime example. I can speak as the Gentleman who ordered this rifle chooses not to participate in the Rendezvous. Nothing implied.

I got $43/mo. For either 2 or 3 years for this rifle. Do the math. I cannot go back and build as I originally built some of the older orders. They were good. They did what they were represented to do. Now, they are worth several times what I received. Probably more.

Look at the number if parts and skills in this pic. Look at the design. Precision folded sheet steel trigger housing, turned - mortise and tenon joints. I build tighter, cleaner .... Better. It's my stupidity to make them to higher standard. It's just me. I'm trying to keep perspective. But - it's Barnes.

Sorry I've been tardy recently. I've felt really bad. Improving now. But the time is gone. I will worry about that and do what I can to do more then I can. I try not to be a bucket of cold rain. So; sometimes ... best I can do is be silent. I never set out to develop such an array of skills, and then show so much of myself. But, in this way - I tell you why I am not farther ahead.

Doing my best. Thank you for patience. I do read every post. I appreciate your comments and friendship.

God Bless
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 02:49AM by barnespneumatic.
May 07, 2015 03:37AM
Great progress! The owner will be another proud Barnes owner. As your skills have increased, no doubt your rifle design and execution has progressed.

Glad to hear you have improved, hope it continues!

Pedro
May 07, 2015 12:58PM
Beautiful workmanship.
May 07, 2015 03:36PM
Thanks Will! I should shoot this today.

Hope you are good. winking smiley

Gary
May 07, 2015 04:16PM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I have been curious about the open sights that you're planning for this Scout. Any pictures available?

The blue finish on this one looks very nice!!! The trigger & trigger housing looks fine. Details and more details, the barrel clamp with the ram rod hole in it, it's a great compliment to this beautiful air rifle.

Hope to see you testing it at the range soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 04:48PM by Julio.
May 08, 2015 06:21AM
Hello Julio,

Probably tomorrow for pics of the sights.

I'd planned a nice 3-4" 11mm dovetail. Since everyone who previously ordered open sights from me, came back saying they could no longer "see" open sights ... I just stopped making them. However; our Scout Customer has wished to enjoy them. I've back engineered the nearly completed rifle and made up a set of sights. About two days worth. Testing tomorrow.

Best,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 06:22AM by barnespneumatic.
May 07, 2015 07:10PM
Looks like it's going to be a fine rifle, and soon.

Like you said long ago, you can't just go out and buy a '68 Mustang from Ford anymore. Yes, they still make Mustangs, but when you buy a car in 2015 you get a 2015 model, with all the improvements and refinements that implies. Quite the deal for those who've paid on time, but not necessarily for the factory. It says a lot that you are meeting those commitments regardless of everything that has happened in the interim.
May 08, 2015 12:33AM
Excellent progress Gary. I like the way that trigger functions. The new owner will be proud!

Scott
May 08, 2015 06:35AM
Thanks Scott,

You see the difference ... ha ... you have USED the trigger designed as such, and like it.

I'd like to bet I have spent fifty hours in e-mail, explaining why I would design a trigger "incorrectly" like that, and then I know I've spent many more redesigning guns to make them with "correct" God/Winchester vertical triggers, and versions of set triggers. If you note the guns with pistol Grips, you'll see guns which could no longer be fired with the "thumb over" position of a thin waist orig. design. Once you move the trigger to vertical, a partial or full pistol grip is required.

Glad you like yours. Silly man. hahah. laughing

Gary
May 08, 2015 12:55AM
Gary,

Glad to hear your feeling better. The scout looks to be another fine example of your work. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Karl
May 08, 2015 02:49PM
Great to hear from you Karl!

I hope you are doing well. Please stay in touch. thumbs up

I look forward to getting into those Grey Fox orders when the time comes. Hey - I'm not the only one that gets behind. The Taxadermist still has my Grey Fox - hope he does somewhere. Ha. Long ago paid for - serves me right! Haha. I understand.

Be Well Karl,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 49
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021