Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shop / Kurt's 50

Shop / Kurt's 50
June 05, 2015 02:30AM
Making your firing valve Kurt ...,

And heat treating the levers and Sear of your trigger block.

Coming along.

image.jpg

Gary
Re: Shop / Kurt's 50
June 05, 2015 06:31PM
I'm stoked . Hope I get to fling some lead before deer season . The nights are still nice a cool here in Michigan and days are maybe up to 80's . Trout season is upon us !

Thanks
Kurt
June 05, 2015 07:12PM
Is that a fancy brass rivet, or something underneath on the bench that just happens to show through the hole?
June 05, 2015 09:38PM
You'll have to ask Kurt ... It's his gun ...

whistling
June 05, 2015 09:46PM
Will that brass rivet be ever seen by someone? Great work and always paying attention to the smallest details.More coffee
June 06, 2015 03:12AM
Hello Julio, and Guys.

I sort of thought you were all kidding. No - that's all like the underside of your truck. Inside the stock. Doesn't show.

The rivit was a temporary placement holder, to aid in aligning parts which went into the welding jig. It's purpose in life was a brief "walk on character" in the first act of a 30 act play. And yet; I guess he spoke of a key pc. of information you needed to know to understand the plot!

There ya are. Brass rivit placed onto perspective. Funny that you all appreciated the least of the details. Now, you aren't all in on this prank on me, are you? Because I want you all to acknowledge the metal work and not just the stocks?

You guys have been on a PM conference, right?

Gary
June 06, 2015 04:21PM
I guess I'll just keep my comment about your decorative welds to myself.wink

BTW, the thing is in the center of the picture ya know.laughing

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 04:23PM by Bigbore.
June 06, 2015 09:28PM
We realize you cannot show all details as it would give away your design. We do appreciate your skills as they are broad on scope. Not something anyone of us will master anytime soon as it takes time and dedication. Heat treating could be a 10 page topic on its own let alone the welding etc. There is a reason your rifles are as accurate as they are smiling smiley

Pedro
June 07, 2015 02:39AM
Ah shucks...you caught us.blush

We all got together and voted on whether to talk about the rivet or the numerologist / illuminati significance of the number 3 on the receiver, and the rivet won.

Probably the hammered finish that put it over the top in the polls, dont'cha know. thumbs up
June 07, 2015 03:18PM
"Probably the hammered finish that put it over the top in the polls, dont'cha know."

And the faux patina.wow

Lon
June 07, 2015 07:34PM
Evidently I'm more "irresistible" when I don't try. "festive"

thumbs up
June 08, 2015 07:42PM
Candid Camera? Hmmm, I thought that was mostly about kids and dogs.
June 08, 2015 09:46PM
Back to the test of the valve parts.

Threading some stuff now.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021