Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pics/Projects/Shop

Pics/Projects/Shop
June 10, 2015 01:54AM
In here you will find Kurt's tool steel trigger with heat treat oxide finish.

There's Ed's casting due blocks.

You never get far from "hand tools"

There's Kurt's handmade springs

Kelly's Tilipia Bisque

And others.

Enjoy. Thanks. I should have more complete do far this week. Told Doc yesterday the headaches have really been better!! Today, I really got nailed.

Oh .... Starting another Touring Case in Tri-Metal.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 03:25AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Re: Pics/Projects/Shop
June 10, 2015 06:00AM
That some really fine looking soup there Gary. Made me hungry just lookin at it !
June 10, 2015 02:40PM
Hello Capt'n

That was some FINE soup. I could hardly chew for praising how good it tasted.

wow

Gary
June 10, 2015 12:00PM
Hi Gary,

I do agree Capt, the tilapia bisque looks delicious! What's that on the picture above the springs?

Thanks for keeping us posted.
June 10, 2015 03:44PM
Well Julio .... Those are oak leaves ! Hehe

Thanks
Kurt
June 10, 2015 04:45PM
Thanks Kurt,

Let me rephrase the question: What will be the use of that artifact on the picture above the springs, which show some beautiful oak leaves on it?what was that
June 10, 2015 10:36PM
Hello Julio,

Sorry I'm late.

That is the bolster of a pocket knife. At least 20 years ago, I made a type of folding knife - liner lock. I used carved bolsters and natural material scales. You are right in calling it an "artifact" .... It's from that Period. I evidently found a reason to not use that particular one, and made another set. I found this one, alone - recently.

I have so many pcs. like this. All types of art techniques. Parts of this and that - but usually not a whole set.

I see a couple of people like it, or are at least curious. I think of making extra things from time to time. I do "want" to go home from Work occasionally. Haha. But that's when I just want to make something else with the pressure off. Impossible to guess what is going to appeal to people. Everybody was crazy over the hammered work on the cases .... until I made three of them .... whistling. Hah. Same with that killer green bone Barlow Folder. I need a larger audience. I've just been keeping things "in house" here.

But I might make a knife I've been thinking of. I enjoy seeing what people say they like. Doesn't mean I will hunt them down to buy something ... (but ..... winking smiley

Well ... you got an answer and some coffee break comments too! Haha.

Thanks Julio,
Gary
Anonymous User
June 10, 2015 07:57PM
That is a nice chunk of metal. I like the oak leave's also.
June 11, 2015 05:39AM
Lotta different types of work represented there, carving, machining, spring winding and tempering, blueing, engraving, etc.

I think I could probably make the soup, the rest...not so much. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021