Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fishing Weekend

Fishing Weekend
June 23, 2015 02:13AM
Hello,

Spent the remaining holidays, 3 days, at my parents trailer at the lake. We drove 2.5 hours and rained the entire time. Once we arrived it lessened and stopped remaining. Joined my parents Friday. Dad and I went out in the afternoon and caught 21 fish in 3 hours.

Saturday we went out in the morning and caught a few. I caught the 33.5", about 9 pound Northern Pike.

5222015205530.jpg

My brother and his family joined us in the afternoon. My dad, nephew, and brother all caught fish in the afternoon and I caught absolutely nothing.

Here in Manitoba we have a variety of fish. In the lakes we mostly have Northern Pike, Walleye and some Perch. Rivers have all sorts. Further north you go the larger the fish get.

[www.gov.mb.ca]

Sunday only my dad caught 1 small northern. Fish just weren't biting.

Back to work today. Fun stuff...

Thanks for reading,

Pedro
Re: Fishing Weekend
June 23, 2015 05:13AM
Sounds like a wonderful family experience. Many memories made in there. I suspect you ate a few of that huge catch too.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope you didn't leave your phone or wallet or something at the lake! Ha

Gary
June 24, 2015 08:45PM
Nice! My favorite are Walleye and Perch. I used to fish at Lake Michigan with my father. We also traveled to Minnesota for some good Walleye fishing fun.
June 25, 2015 10:08AM
Nice fish Pedro
Glad you got some quality time with family fishin. Northern pike are always fun to catch . In northern Michigan there is a refuge called Seney wildlife and it has many ponds and lakes . So many they are named A,B,C... 1,2,3 and so in but one time my wife and I were driving by and stopped to ask the ranger about fishin and he said NO limit on Northern pike . Size or quantity . They were eating all the baby Ducks so they had open season . It was a good time .

Thanks
Kurt
June 26, 2015 02:28AM
Hi Kurt,

No limits would be awesome! Pike put up a good fight most times. The slime is annoying and makes them hard to hold but a glove solves that. Most don't like the bones when fileted but you need to cut hear the spine so jot to waste the meet.

Walleye have whiter meat and less bones but Pike get much larger.

Thanks for commenting.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021