ROAD!

ROAD!
June 18, 2015 08:40PM
7am. The Road Arrived
image.jpg
image.jpg
Re: ROAD!
June 18, 2015 10:17PM
It's great to see other doing the job!!!
June 19, 2015 12:38AM
So right.

That's a 1/4 Million $ Grader, with Operator. Then a Six man Support Crew for the machine. They had a truck with compressors, all manner if tools and supplies to maintain and service the machine. Then a dump truck and operator. At one point, between loads of clay - they changed out the grader blade, cleaned, greased, oiled, etc., etc. Very nice people all. They did a great job.

Well .... almost as good as I would have .... whistling

Hah

Gary
June 19, 2015 02:35AM
I get it, all you need is the support team and everything would be just perfect.LOL!
June 19, 2015 02:34PM
Hey, you guys are my support team. When you buy some small completed extra project, as you have Julio; it helps very much. Thank You.

Gary
June 19, 2015 03:34PM
You know there is really a calming enjoyment from running a tractor and or moving dirt or SNOW .I know all the guys who do it for a living are shaking their heads but for me it's very enjoyable . Even cutting grass is kinda fun . 1-1/2 acres of grass in back 40 is a good relaxing time for me.

Thanks
Kurt
June 19, 2015 06:41PM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah. It's because operating the controls doesn't require pick and shovel work. Doesn't usually require math and splitting hairs. Generally it's straight forward work that you can see results from relatively quick. I like it too.

My mowing consists more or running into a stump every few feet. So; it will be some years on before there's anything like relaxing mowing here.

Hey ... BTW ... Your rifle is finished. winking smiley

Have to make a sizing die to test it. Doing that now.

Gary
June 20, 2015 05:33AM
Gary,

Guvment workers? I'm not up to speed on the story.

Lon
June 20, 2015 03:53PM
House at the end of the road came for sale. A couple with a business of buying, fixing, and renting bought it. They have connections. We co-operated on improving the road. When the clay settles, the plan is to pave it with "Millings" which are being ground off of I-10. Such "Millings" are blacktop. If fresh, and layed and compressed in hot weather - they will reconstitute into a pretty nice blacktop.

Was a nice opportunity.

Gary
June 28, 2015 06:05PM
Nice!

Hopefully it's all graded so that your sand problem will be greatly reduced.
June 28, 2015 08:18PM
Plan was to let the clay settle and pave it.

Of course, we've had a torrential downpour every day since they graded ... So; there's been a lot of damage to the grading.
June 29, 2015 09:52PM
Reworking flood damage has got to be the bane of road builders down there, when those thunderstorms dump rain they really go for it! Gully washer, frog-strangler, cats-n-dogs, you guys get them all. winking smiley
June 30, 2015 02:46PM
hi Sean,

good to hear from you.

yeah - we've sure had rain!

BIG rain

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021