A few Pics

A few Pics
August 05, 2015 02:21AM
image.jpg

As close to automation as it gets here. Ha. Milling a Stock

image.jpg

A darned good looking Dinner Tray for the evening shift! Bisque and Salad

image.jpg

They had a few hotrods at Church Sunday am just for fun. This Chevelle had a 477 Blown mill. The owner started it between services as we were arriving. It shook the ground!!!

Thanks for reading.
Gary
Re: A few Pics
August 05, 2015 03:04AM
Wasting no time filling up the new phone with pics I see!

Thanks for sharing. Cool car, but it's not a Ford spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Pedro
August 05, 2015 04:54AM
True Pedro,

I'll have to find you one .....

Green bowing

Gary
August 05, 2015 06:51PM
I don't know which I like better: the car or the food...
Hmm
August 06, 2015 04:01AM
Thanks Guys,

I'll have more pics soon. Sorry. I've been working on so many different things. After a couple of forced diversions, it takes a bit of pushing many things toward the door, before I clearly see which one is most worthy of the energy and time. Nothing is lost. It all moves the ball. I guess this is the "ground game". Charging up the middle for a few yards. Play after play. I'm not a real knowledgeable sports fan .... and when I do watch a football game ... I yell at the head butting one yard plays up the middle. I want to see the long passes too. The big plays. The game winning plays. But - it all makes a game.

Thanks for reading,
Gary
August 06, 2015 06:35PM
Amen to that Sir, amen! Heck, why can't we just enjoy the game on occassion and have a big fat hotdog and forget about all of the other stuff???
Enjoy,
Jeff
August 07, 2015 04:20AM
I know I owe some more pics, sorry. The days are getting eaten up and I haven't taken many. Let's see what is in the phone from the week. If I have something, I'll drop it in. I'm on the laptop now.

I'm ok. Just not enough time. Here sooner or later, more stuff will get to the finish stages. Hang tough.

Thanks.
Gary
August 07, 2015 04:39AM
Ok, seems I haven't been taking pictures, horrors!

Well .... I did finish my Grandson's Truck and Trailer. He's visiting this week.

image.jpg

Seemed like a good idea after this pic!

image.jpg

I'll get ya some more pics tomorrow .... thumbs up

Gary
August 07, 2015 11:15AM
Hi Gary,
Nice gift for the Grandson. My Dad used to make things like that, but none of us (me or my siblings) have kept any of them. That's a shame really. It will last forever and I hope he enjoys it a lot!
August 07, 2015 03:12PM
Well that is a shame they didn't survive. That happens. Takes a Mom who sees the future to set that stuff aside for you. (BTW Mom sold my Lionel Train so don't feel bad). Haha.

Bryce has been loading it up and dumping it pretty nonstop. Seems to be working so far.

You know, in 74 I opened my cabinet shop. I made wooden toys by the truckload. Sold then to the little craft shops that sprung up all over at that time. Wonder where they all went ...
August 07, 2015 03:19PM
I tried to see if a phone emocon would transfer to the forum. It wrote in the box, but on the forum it cut off the rest of my post ... Guess it doesn't work.

I had said ....

Thank you, Jeff; I always enjoy your posts.
Gary
August 07, 2015 04:51PM
I especially like the blue pin stripes . Hehe
I can't believe all the things you find time to make . I have a hard time stayin motivated unless I completely start and finish on the same day . You are a great grandpa !
Thanks for sharing .

Thanks
Kurt
August 07, 2015 09:20PM
Lol Gary, I see you are enjoying the new technology still... Er! Yep, I wish I still had some of Dad's work.

Kurt - I liked those stripes too... I wonder why they are not on the finale production version?????????
August 08, 2015 03:13AM
I got you some pics. Yay!!!!

You will see the process of I letting the action into a piece of solid planking. All you have to do is make a negative cavity to snugly recurve the shape of the steel parts.
I show you one of the complex cuts required to mate with the steel. To do this, you have to envision what you want. What's up, what's left, how to angle interior curves and the intersection of various parts.

In the end, the action is surrounded tightly by the wood. As if it grew around it. Thanks for reading.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021