Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stabalized Maple Burl ... Relief Carving ... And Steel!

Stabalized Maple Burl ... Relief Carving ... And Steel!
August 10, 2015 10:34PM
Thanks for looking!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Re: Stabalized Maple Burl ... Relief Carving ... And Steel!
August 11, 2015 01:17AM
Hi Gary,
Oh my word that is gorgeous! Thanks for posting that. I have been playing with my new knife almost constantly, and the one feature that stands out, and that I have NEVER seen on any other knife (even custom knives) is the trunion that the blade rotates on. Such a simple idea, and it works so well, that it amazes me that I don't see it on every folder! It is truely a work of art. Thanks again!
Jeff
August 11, 2015 01:36AM
Thank you Jeff,

So very glad you like it. Also glad you notice and like the features.

That machining to relieve the blade tension is tricky. One of those where you can ruin the parts easily. It sure does make the knife operate smoothly, doesn't it.

Thanks for your comments Jeff,
Gary
August 11, 2015 01:19AM
Very nice Gary!
Great balance of blade, wood carving. What kind of hours go into a typical knife?

Pedro
August 11, 2015 01:45AM
Hi Pedro,

Hey, I was starting to worry about you. Like I'm wondering if you and I should go see if Sean got lost in the woods in Alaska. Ha. Nice to see your post.

"How Long does it take?" Oh my ..... that question. Haha. Way too long to make a decent living Pedro. And, I don't count or I'd cry. It's pointless to keep track. I can't quit till it's done.

I missed the chance when I first responded .... you asked "How many hours does it take to make a typical knife?" ... I should have said ... don't know - never made a typical knife! whistling haha. And on this one; I had to fight everything, every tool, search for every lost tool bit, remake a couple of parts I ruined ... and then take twice as long as estimated for the others. I'll loose my shirt on this one no matter what I ask. Oh well - Just how it is. I was a music major in college ... boy - the things you don't know when you are young .....

Best to just work and ignore the clock. It only brings grief, unless you are getting paid by the hour. thumbs up

Great to hear from you.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 04:06AM by barnespneumatic.
August 12, 2015 02:29AM
No rescue squad required! Almost went AWOL though! laughing again

Things have been busy. Catching up.
August 11, 2015 09:33AM
That's a dandy folding knife .
When I saw the metal scales appear , I thought they would have ended up at the bottom of the handle opposit the blade . So that's another Alloy knife you got there . Alittle bit of north and a whole lotta south . The burl is so random in its pattern that my eyes automaticly go to the metal .
Thanks for showing

If your go to Pedro's you can swing thru Michigan and pick me up and we will all go to Alaska and find Sean ! I could use a couple week vacation .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 09:43AM by kurt wag.
August 11, 2015 02:47PM
Hi Kurt,
I'll definitely pick you up. Right now I'm tearing up sheets and rolling bandages. If we find Sean in a Diner somewhere, I think we should wrap him up anyway! injured
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 04:42AM by barnespneumatic.
August 11, 2015 08:21PM
This knife is now listed at the top of the page FOR SALE bullhorn ... NOW SOLD bowing Thank You!!

Many more pics too .....

Thks. Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 04:41AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
August 11, 2015 09:08PM
Beautiful blade.
August 12, 2015 04:40AM
Thanks Don. take a bow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021