Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

98% model 97 pics!

98% model 97 pics!
August 20, 2015 04:57AM
Just a few clean up details left!

image.jpg

It has turned out to be a noteworthy folder. My first Fossil Mosquito Tusk. The first in this scale. I really like it.

image.jpg

I love it. Wish I had one! However; one reader has followed the story closely, and after the first few posts; decided he liked where I said it was going. Sal, I hope you enjoy your knife. And I thank you for your confidence in my enthusiasm for the project. bowing

I'll post complete pics tomorrow.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2015 05:01AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: 98% model 97 pics!
August 20, 2015 09:35AM
Way ta go Sal !
Besides the obvious , I really like the contour of the handle . And or course green IS my favorite color .

Thanks
Kurt
August 20, 2015 11:02AM
Nice call Sal!
August 21, 2015 04:46AM
The day went in another direction. The heat broke, due to two storms today, and stacked up maintenance demanded my attention.

I also completed the tooling set for this design of knife. That will be quite helpful in this and similar examples.

I was hoping there may be a bit more discussion after such a successful project. However; it's been my experience that nothing slams the door on discussion like marking something sold. Yet, I did not want to be in the position of teasing the piece in the event another liked it. The wording of PM messages back and forth, caused me to not be certain if I had a commitment for this knife or another. Confirmation got delayed, and I only became certain the day I got it to the stage shown. So; I wasn't keeping that up my sleeve.

I've also spent more work on stock sanding. Did not Perdue that to the end, as we have had nothing but soggy weather not fit to finish wood. I do not yet have my bluing shop or finishing shop set up. It will happen. Various projects will come to the front then.

BTW: it seems proper to occasionally mention that I have not forgotten the extent of my obligations. I need to remind readers that the passage of time will not cure the broken parts of my health. Because I do not write as if I'm in pain, or if I tell a joke or add humor; it's easy to assume "it's all over now". I'm telling you what I'm doing. I believe that I'm one of the most open individuals you will ever meet. So; there's nothing in the background to be added individually. I know what's stacked up. I know my efforts have limits. I usually exceed those, to my detriment. I know that readers can be bummed when I don't post what they hope I'm moving on. I disclose that I'm working in a project to pay my insurance because it was forced upon me. Not my fault. Someone with my pay scale having a line item go from $258/mo. to over $1,500/mo. is a life changing alteration. I can't just work Saturday morning to make it up. The 600% increase in health insurance, and the addition of several hundred bucks of required meds wasn't in the plan when I projected delivery on that Victory Pistol order. Sorry. So; eventually I get tired of being guilted over it. There isn't an answer. This isn't TV. I give absolutely all there is. And, what passes for me presents in the shop every day, except for Church 2-3 Sunday's/mo.
It just needs to be reviewed every once in a while. No hostility intended. I just live in a state of frustration where 1am comes every night, and I'm not done. But, it's all I have. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the topics and pics.

Gary
August 21, 2015 11:18AM
Hey Gary,
I also think part of it is the high expectations that you have established, and always meet. Oh, yeah, It's just another 5 Star Barnes project... That's what we expect. The lighter side of that is your work has value and gets sold smiling smiley Put that win in the plus column everyday, because as for the rest of us - we are just mere mortals and can't do that level of art!
Enjoy the day anyway, we know you are working.
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021