Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Surprise Morning ...

Surprise Morning ...
August 27, 2015 01:56AM
image.jpg

Got up this morning to a cool breeze. And, the invasion of a road grader and dump trucks.

They paved the road with "millings" which are the top surface of a blacktop road, which is ground/milled off into small tar covered stones/pebbles. They do this before laying down a new hot blacktop surface of roads. When this aggregate is laid back down soon, warmed by the Sun, and compressed ... it bonds back into a blacktop surface of about 80% of the quality of the previous surface from which it was milled! Hey Presto! I used it before in Md., to great success. Not cheap, but much, much cheaper then a hot blacktop job. In Md., I eventually had hot blacktop applied over my base, and that really made a killer job.

It took six topped out, tandem dual dump trucks full, to coat the clay road bed. It turned out quite nice. Yay. Civilization!!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2015 02:04AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Surprise Morning ...
August 27, 2015 02:01AM
Awesome Gary, I know you are loving it. It's been a long hard road - pun intended!
Congrats,
Jeff
August 27, 2015 02:07AM
Thanks Jeff,
You are right, that has been one of the huge disappointments and I've felt like such a chump for not knowing what I was getting into with that cursed road. Now our water cut outs and drainage are working, and the road is paved. My work here is done.

stunned

No ..... Wait!!!!

Gary
August 27, 2015 04:38PM
Those are great news Gary! As time passes by, some of your issues are being solved by yourself and some by the help of others. Now you can focus your attention to new issues. Hehehewhat was that
August 27, 2015 05:08PM
Yes Julio,

Thanks. Things are improved. We are even going to have 4 wheels on the van again, after our appointment late this afternoon! Woot Woot!!! What a run of good fortune!!! Haha.

AND ... For those of you who worry about me trying to get out of finishing your rifle, by dying; I've even lost another 12 pounds lately. Can't hurt. Except all the old women at Walmart hit on me. Those 75 and up. I'm a chick magnet, what can I say???

Thanks for commenting, Julio.
thumbs up

Gary
August 27, 2015 05:26PM
Gary,
Now that is funny - Walmart chic magnet... I guess we are going to be seeing you on YouTube soon in "Chic Magnets of Walmart" videos. I won't tell Kelly if you don't knucklehead.
Later,
Jeff
August 27, 2015 08:36PM
I'm the one who sends him to Walmart, Jeff! hehehe!!!! Good for his ego!!!!! whistling
August 27, 2015 09:52PM
What happens in Walmart STAYS in Walmart ! You just hafta watch out for the Walmartians ! They're everywhere !

Thanks
Kurt
August 28, 2015 12:51AM
Kelly, you are the bomb! Too funny.
Jeff
August 28, 2015 01:09PM
August 30, 2015 03:55PM
Good to see that you won't have to install a dock instead of a driveway.

And once you get past "a certain age", the ladies criteria for "a keeper" changes to "can he still drive?", so I guess there's hope for us all at some point. winking smiley
August 31, 2015 01:14AM
Yep rotorhead,
That and 'does he have insurance!' Also, as my 84 year old mother once said "that darn blue pill ruined it for all the old ladies who just wanted a friend to have dinner with on occassion!"
Gotta love it,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021