Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have a Blessed Christmas

Have a Blessed Christmas
December 25, 2011 03:21AM
Anything can be created perfect, and become a mess. Neglect the simple rules ... go off in another direction, and wow ... it won't take long. I'm pretty sure the mess we see today, wasn't the plan. "Free Will" can cause a lot of poor decisions, which lead to effects, which the same person strongly resents.

The life of Christ rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The number of TV shows which are titled something like ... "Who Was the REAL Jesus?" are proof that they still don't like the version in the Bible. The book of Matthew begins about 3/4 of the way thru the Bible. Chapter 1 vs. 18 begins the Christmas Story.

You know the little Christmas Song ... "Said the night wind to the little lamb ...?" Do you recall the lyrics when the shepherd boy comes to the mighty king and tells him of the birth of Jesus ... ? The song says ... "said the king to the people everywhere .... pray for peace people everywhere. A child, a child, sleeping in the night ... he will bring us goodness and light". Such a nice reaction for the mighty king in the song. However; Matt. 2:16 says that the actual mighty king on duty at the birth of Christ, was so jealous and fearful of another "King" being born, that he killed all the male children in Bethlem and surrounding areas, of two years age and under. Guess the song writer was also trying to correct the Matthew account.

I must read the Matthew story tomorrow, to our family, after breakfast.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas to you and your entire family.

Gary and Kelly
Re: Have a Blessed Christmas
December 25, 2011 03:50AM
The Luke version of the story (King James) is the kinder version, I think

Best wishes to everyone for a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year
December 25, 2011 04:48AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I pray you have a wonderful new year.

Karl
December 25, 2011 04:56PM
Best wishes Gary and all
Merry Christmas
Neil
Merry Christmas
December 25, 2011 05:48PM
Enjoying a wonderful Christmas morning with my wife and three grown children. The mantra should always be, " count your blessings, not your problems". All of us in this forum have many blessings! Here is wishing all a joyful Christmas and New Year to all.

Hugh Hagan
December 25, 2011 08:26PM
best to everyone... hope its a great year ahead.
December 26, 2011 07:21AM
Anyone who can spend the holidays with friends and family is blessed indeed. Things can be lost or replaced, but the people that we care about and that care about us are truely a gift.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021