Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jamie's Outrider 50 - ready for final proofing

Jamie's Outrider 50 - ready for final proofing
October 08, 2015 10:28PM
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now I'll do my final proofing. Range firing as well.

I've found a couple of small things I'll fiddle with, then it's done. Hopefully, it will hunt.

Gary
Re: Jamie's Outrider 50 - ready for final proofing
October 09, 2015 12:22AM
Gary,
I have no doubt it will hunt!
Nice work... Again!
Whatareyoudoing, conundrum busting here, or what?
Thanks for the pics,
Jeff
October 09, 2015 05:30AM
Thanks Jeff,

Conundrum Busting. Don't I wish. No; it's firm.

Here's another chapter of it Jeff. A considerable group of people apparently mightily resent that my health was ruined. Hold me personally responsible for it. They'd gruffly deny it, and then resent having to deny it too. It just grinds them that I've allowed a situation to just "linger", that they want resolved. It's been over a decade! And I refuse to be healed!! When they check back in every nine months or so (grinding teeth) ... there I am trying to scrape up money to pay my health insurance ... so I can get medical treatment. Why don't I just finish the ledger first, and THEN pay my bills, collapse, die, or whatever in the heck I'm going to do. They are sick to death of me being sick. "Degenerative Disc Desease! Indeed!!! "Chronic Pain" ... whatever.

The Conundrum: To make any sense of that, you'd have to define a few things. Such as: Who's more grieved by me having to spend at least half of my waking hours, tending to my health needs, in order that I can work as much as possible? "Who's grieved?!!" Well clearly it's the person to whom I made my best honorable commitment, years ago. And then I went and ruined six vertebrae, developed nerve damage, got chronic migraines, and worst .... I missed my projections!!!

In this chapter is the worm hole of "familiarity". A person who trudges thru adversity, and life dumping on him ... he's admired! Unless he owes you something. Then; he's just plain "negligent". When he doesn't pause his personal drama, long enough to service you - but steadfastly acts as if his situation is real, then he becomes "obstinate". Overall, he's just a PIA.

With this attitude firmly clamped in his teeth, said person can't find a thing to admire. They can watch a parade of finely crafted items, being offered for sale, in order to just live to work another day. They would not buy a matchbook from him! He went and developed numb arms, numb hands, numb feet!!! He missed his deadline!!! Not another penny until he gets his mind right, heals himself, and finishes my project. He can just starve in the dark .... THEN he'll finish my project!!!!

You note the Conundrum Jeff. There are dozens upon dozens of people who could buy a trinket occasionally, with couch cushion lint coin. No Sir! It will teach me s good lesson to circle closer to the drain. That'll teach me to post my every waking moment as justification of my efforts!!! Ha!! ...... Oh .... well .................. he missed his deadline. "We" don't do that!

So; Jeff ..... the real problem is that I still type as I did in 2000. I don't ... ...aaahh! .... draw out .... oohhooo!! .... out my speech ..... Owwwhhlll ..... in a believable fashio..... injured

Ha ... had ya goin' there, huh?
So Jeff, those are the high spots. Today, I got up and began my routine. It takes me an hour to ninety minutes to get out of the house. I worked all day. Took breaks when the various misery points just got too bad. I posted a couple of times. Took pics. Processed pics. Posted pics. I ate dinner at the work bench again. I came out of the shop about 9:30 pm. And I walk into the Conundrum like a huge Spider Web when I sit down here. Hey! Somebody actually posted a comment!!!! Whooh!!! thumbs up

Well, this will kill the forum for about 3-4 days. But, buried here.., maybe just two or three. Thanks for caring, participating, and laughing along Jeff. Can I quit for the evening now? It's 12:28 am. Another day in Paradise!!! But; I'm a Blessed Man with my Wife and Family. I enjoy my skills, and I have more then one hand full of good friends. God is Good.

Gary
October 09, 2015 09:16AM
Yes Sir, God is good. Not a selfish bone in him.
Enjoy your evening!
Jeff
Sal
October 09, 2015 12:28PM
I swear that slot you carved out looks like it was machined with a million dollar CNC.
Looks great, I'm sure it will toss some lead too!
October 09, 2015 02:26PM
Hi Sal,

Thanks my friend. I keep the chisels for photo ops. Keep the million dollar CNC behind the curtain. winking smiley

Before I left last night, I applied one more coat to the raw edge wood and an extra coat to the overall stock. I did my couple tweaks I mentined, during last evening's shift. I'll final proof soon. Then, guess I have nothing else to do ......

Oh ... Wait!! There's your "Outrider Superchoke 50". Would you believe I was designing the stock in my head before going to sleep around 1:30 this morning. Ha.

Gary
Sal
October 10, 2015 12:36AM
It's a good thing the older we get the less sleep we need..... So I hear. wink
October 09, 2015 04:13PM
Hey, I type the same as I did 15 years ago too, what a coincidence! Of course, everything else I do is slow and decrepit compared to back then, but I can still type the heck out things. typing I've been waiting to use that smiley forever. winking smiley
October 09, 2015 04:39PM
Masterful Smiley Usage

We call that MSU here at the Compound.
October 09, 2015 06:09PM
I think I have a degree in MSU more confused!
October 09, 2015 07:02PM
Beautiful piece of work . I love the home made gouge too !
It must be extremely satisfying for you to be near completing the Outryder series !
Thanks

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021