Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been setting up ....

Been setting up ....
September 30, 2015 01:21AM
The area for and one of the new blast cabinets.

One came in. It's been a clown show all day ... starting with nearly running down a guy coming in as I was going out. Cabinet atop a shopping cart. He grabbed it, I got it straightened out. Went eight more feet, wheel hit a hole in pavement and the cart stopped dead. Cabinet airborne ..... CRASH!!!!!

Yeah some damage. Mostly emotional. Was a rough childho.... Huh .... oh, you mean the cabinet. Cracked glass and bent leg.

Had to clear area. Wow. Boxes from the move. Then install a shelf. Legs, did I say legs? Right - that means the shelf is too high. Or, If I stand on my toes I can just see in the top .....

Fine. I'll fix it.

I need coffee.

More coffee

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 03:20AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Been setting up ....
September 30, 2015 02:00AM
Sounds like you came out of it with your sanity at least.

I have bead blasted over the years. We has one at the tool & die shop I worked for. Used it to clean EDM wire machine parts and blast aluminum vacuum molds to get a nice finish.

Your parts will look great and I am sure you will incorporate blasted parts into one of the guns. smiling smiley

Tea time, spend an hour with wife.

The cabinet will be a blast smiling smiley

Pedro
October 01, 2015 12:23AM
"it'll be a blast"...sure...rolling happy smiley
October 01, 2015 02:44PM
Hi Pedro,

Yeah, well ... I came out. Sanity board is out right now. Thanks for pulling for me. Tonight we are having fiv fiv five fish sticks! wow

Thinking of you.

Gary
October 01, 2015 05:29PM
Yeah, those childhood things... They can make you feel like your screws are in backward - or loose - haha! I think we all have a few missing. I hope you find all of yours in the new blast cabinet Another idea!.
Good luck wiff it,
Jeff
October 02, 2015 03:22AM
Hi Jeff,

I got it set up and working. Thank God it was assembled cause it took forever after that! Great gobs of joy ...

Anyway. Now I next have to get much better at filtering the room air. The various masks and filters and glasses and headphones can get you into a tangle weed of cords and straps and elastic and make you burst into a fit tearing it all off to breathe......, occasionally. stunned. Don't ask me how I know ..... whistling
October 02, 2015 10:56AM
Lol, I have been there too... Only in a fire department SCBA. Gees it is nice to get that thing off sometimes! Enjoy the new learning procecures.
Jeff
October 10, 2015 08:33PM
Half the things you do probably ought to be done under a fume hood of some sort. With all that stuff stacked in the shop surely you've got a spare set of lungs tucked away somewhere, right? eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021