Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Working on

Working on
November 02, 2015 10:24PM
Several Knives.

A couple of rifles.

Here at the bench eating some dinner.

Hope you are good. If I knew what the guys here might enjoy for an extra toy, I'd make a few. I've tried quite a few items.

Improving the shops.

Gary
Sal
Re: Working on
November 02, 2015 11:28PM
Can't wait to see them winking smiley
November 03, 2015 04:55AM
Hi Sal,

Well, it's corrected now; but I got to "practice" making parts for your rifle. I ruined the breech slide by misreading a thin Sharpie line ... and had to machine another entire unit. Yes ... 'Twas a Royal Bummer of the first order. scholar

And, several things tried, and very nearly succeeded, in ruining the replacement. Like doing enough things at once that I forgot to secure the lock on the lathe tool bit holder ... And started to engage same on an interior cut!!!!! Lovely evening.

However; 'tis all in the rearview mirror as we pull away!! Floor it!

Ha
Gary
November 03, 2015 12:01AM
Hey Gary,
I'm thinking little black eyeglasses (with no lens) with a big fake nose and bushy mustache attached. Nah, those'll never sale self-hammer. Ok, I give up too...
Later,
Jeff
November 03, 2015 04:30AM
Wait! There's something there ... let me work with that ....,

Another idea!
November 03, 2015 12:36AM
Definitely keeping busy at your end. Santa busy making toys? It is getting closer to that time of year!

I worked Saturday until I couldn't take it anymore. Got cold/flu. Really sore throat again and coughing. Lots of vapor rub tonight. DIdn't get a flu shot this year, last year I got it and had the flu 4 times. This year want to see if it will be less without getting it. Keeping my fingers crossed lol
November 03, 2015 04:42AM
Hi Pedro,

Ah ... Bummer.

Yes. Vapor Rub. Troweled on. Equate brand Tussin DM Cough Syrup. Walmart's brand. THEN ... My new trial program of Saline Nasal Spray before and during the night has been promising. I attribute it to lessening the coughing and allergy like symptoms I've been plagued with here. I think it's providing chemical warfare against the moss and lichen that thinks I'm an old log.

I hope you find relief. I know, if you are like me; you have responsibilities no matter how lousy you feel.

Best to you,
Gary
November 04, 2015 03:51AM
Gary,

Thanks for the well wishes! Took Monday off but went in today. Was feeling alright but nagging cough. It is starting to get better smiling smiley Now need to okay catchup, so much work pilling up! Glad I do not have allergies!

I will try your nasal spray next time.

Pedro
November 03, 2015 01:06PM
Hey Gary,
Ok then, good luck. At least I gave you food for thought excited. Hey, now that I think about it... I may have seen that very same product out and about at Halloween???

Pedrog,
Keep on fighting it, it will eventually pass anyway. I am with Gary on the prevention issue. Years ago I learned to irrigate the sinuses and have been doing so relentlessly ever since. I use kosher salt (no iodine) and warm water and it has really cut down on the amount of crud that hangs out in the airways. If I miss irrigating a time or two, these days (now that I'm used to it), it feels like I missed my shower.

Anyway, good luck to both of you,
Jeff
November 04, 2015 03:53AM
Thanks Jeff for the tip! Will have to try that sometime.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021