Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freezing fog

Freezing fog
December 07, 2015 10:32PM
So guys
It doesn't happen to often but what a crazy ride to work this morning . Freezing fog and slick roads slowed me way down this morn. It started rolling in about 7-8 pm last night and at 4:30 am it was pea soup out . Now I usually worry about deer this time of year darting out . This morning I blew right by the Golden Arches I get my cappuccino at every day !!! I had to turn around and I wasn't doing over 35 mph in a 55 zone and as you know that big M is right out by the road too .
Certain spots were black ice and at 7:00 a my wife texted to see if I made it to work ok . She said there was a big crash in the town where I stop for coffee .
I usually enjoy my ride to work with no traffic to speak of but this morning my hands and eyes hurt . But I made it safely !
Now I know this isn't airgun related but after typing I didn't know how to put under the ( I'm just sayin ) section . Hope ya'll don't mind .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Freezing fog
December 08, 2015 01:00AM
Hey Kurt,
Glad you made it in safely! I have been surprised and spun by black ice more than once. I hate the humidity and knats down here, but I ain't going further north for those very reasons!!! Be safe this winter.
Later,
Jeff
December 08, 2015 09:50AM
Jeff
Thanks for the well wishes . This time of year people are just getting back into the snow and ice driving . Every year you hafta retrain your self but this year it's been crazy warm . They're calling for 50+ deg this weekend . The south don't look to bad the older I git . But I still really enjoy the seasons .
Thanks

Thanks
Kurt
December 08, 2015 01:56AM
Kurt

similar conditions also, roads weren't too slick visibility was close to none Around 6 am. turnd 20 min drive into a 40.

Matt
December 08, 2015 05:43AM
That's the way Matt.

Steady. Keep it between the navigational beacons. Learn from the ones that made it farther.

Stay warm.

Gary
December 08, 2015 05:41AM
You put your post just where it should be, Kurt. Keep doin' that. We enjoy chatting without hunting for it.

Glad you got in safely. I hate ice. Treacherous stuff.

Hey, isn't it the small things that make the day. That morning Cappuccino - my few fresh from China Walmart Oatmeal cookies with coffee. More coffee

I'm "feeling" improved in areas. Still yucky though.

Working out some ideas for moving the shops along for better production. "Shoulda started younger" keeps crossing my mind. But, I started working away from home at 15. Hard construction at 16. Was in business at 19. Now 61. Guess the key is choose your heritage, in such a way that you don't have to keep rebuilding and repeating. I said ... No repeating. Repeating.....

Ok. I'll keep checking. Great to see ya all here.

Gary
December 08, 2015 09:54AM
Gary
Your never to old to learn . I get way more efficient as the years go by .
That's a good thing .

Thanks
Kurt
December 08, 2015 07:49PM
I'll take hard-packed snow over ice any day. On glare ice even studded snow tires can only help so much, and by the time you get the message you're usually heading for the ditch already. Every winter we get at least a handful of days where the ability to drive at all depends on having real snow tires installed, instead of the so-called "all season" three-season types. Even with all-wheel drive, ABS brakes, stability/traction control or whatever, your ability to control your car is only as good as those four tiny rubber patches that touch the road.
December 08, 2015 10:39PM
Amen to that!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021