Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How's your Christmas Season Progressing?

How's your Christmas Season Progressing?
December 19, 2015 01:56AM
Was just wondering if you are enjoying things. Hope so.

We've been making Christmas gifts. Wooden trailers with back ramp/tailgates, to attach to the Wooden Trucks made for our Grandsons in 2011. I was "noting" today, that I might be able to make a Bison in less time ... and Kelly (World's Bestest Nana), didn't miss a beat. She said, "Yeah, well at least these trailers will get used!" stunned. Whoooh!!! Oh, that's Cold ..... Burrrrrrr. So I kept working til I was told I could quit. Haha.

Ok, that's my story. What's yours ....

Gary
Re: How's your Christmas Season Progressing?
December 19, 2015 02:37AM
Wow Gary,
What a woman! Hey, I'm still fighting something and working too much. You'd think people coming to a resort wouldn't want you to have to be there to serve them, ain't it my holiday too??? The other place too - where the customer AIN'T GOT NO CHOICE. This is a big season for that business too. Whatever, it keeps the lights on! Ya'll have some fun next week, I'll give you both the week off more innocent.
Later Barnes fambily,
Jeff
December 19, 2015 03:27AM
Ok Jeff,

So you are saying .... There's a "Christmas Rush" at the other place you work? stunned. Probably those end of the year Specials. Ok .... I really don't want to know any more ..... crazy.

Well, you really must drop around. Hey, come over during the Holidays and we can "Deck the Loft" .... Fa la la lahhh la lah. grinning smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 03:28AM by barnespneumatic.
December 19, 2015 03:49AM
I just realized why it's been a bit slow around here. You've all been in line for the Star Wars Sequel. And .... today was the day!!!!! I feel like such a chump for forgetting. why me

Oh. I still have whatever creeping crud I had. Did the course of meds. Felt improved. Never good. Then it started coming back. Now I sound like Barry White's Father. Coughing up a lung. Fa la la la laahhh ....

Let me know how the movie went .... when the after party is over .... wink

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 03:55AM by barnespneumatic.
December 19, 2015 12:30PM
Guys
Doing all the normal stuff here . We cut our tree last weekend which we have always done and waited for snow as long as we could . I really enjoy the journey more than the destiny . My son drove home just for the tree cutting and it was a great day . My wife gave us strict parameters which the tree had to fit into . As usual we achieved quality controls approval .
Besides the holidays I have three birthdays to celebrate before 1/1/16 . It's a busy month and only hope work stays slow enough to get a couple of long weekends .
The turkey is gone the pumpkins are deer feed and now the tree its at attention drinking a gallon of water a day .

The picture that looks like a flower is the stump of a tree cut a previous year . I have NEVER seen any thing quite so beautiful . I never really felt bad about cutting a real tree down for a holiday but ... This year seeing nature covering a scar with such beauty made me feel different . Hope you'all enjoy the season .

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
image.jpg
December 19, 2015 02:51PM
Excellent Kurt!!!

So glad your Son was able to join in your tradition. That's a great time. We used to do that too. Had a 52 Willys Wagon I brought back, and we'd take that and stuff our tree in. Hope there was some hot cider in your day somewhere. Smile.

Great pics.

Love the Lichen pic. How colorful and detailed. It looks like it's all decorated in bloom for Christmas.

Thanks Kurt,
Gary
December 19, 2015 03:51PM
Hey Gary,
Yep, it is a busy season for the funeral business too. Lots of depression about and some people just get tired and give up this time a year. Nov, Dec and Jan are out busiest months. It's all good, though as every business has it reason for being. Oh, and I didn't see the movie, just the "Big Bang" parody of and with it. It was quite cute after all. Deck the loft ha ha ha ha ha.... Na na na na na na NO!

Kurt,
Wow man, that is cool. The whole story. It sounds like an awesome place to be. Enjoy the tree and the family and the holidays and Merry Christmas! Actually this year you should feel great after seeing what nature did to renew itself. That is beautiful!

You guys have a great weekend!
Later,'
Jeff
December 19, 2015 06:49PM
Jeff
Hey you better not work to hard over the holidays . You gotta enjoy some relaxing time . It's hard to knock out that bug working 2 jobs . I've been really lucky so far . I never get the flu shot even though my wife always says i should . You are correct about the holiday season being a sad time for a lot of folks . Sometimes it's a money thing and other times its other things . I always tried to cheer up those Debbie downers by being extra friendly . We all have alot to be thankful for . I even have Christmas lights on my machine I run at work . It helps me stay in the holiday spirit .
God bless you and yours
Have a great weekend

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
December 19, 2015 11:46PM
Hi Kurt.

I love it. Christmas Lights on your machine at work! Whatta Elf. Hehe.

Thanks. Gave me a smile.

Gary
December 20, 2015 12:39AM
Thank you Kurt, will do. I love your selfie there lipsaresealed.
Later,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021