Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Serial Numbers

Serial Numbers
April 24, 2016 04:40AM
All of the coins are handmade from my tooling. However; Coins such as the Kraken Coin are a special effort in terms of the die and the amount of detail on the die. The Coin requires much more in the way of tooling, and technique. And so; I've decided to Serial Number these "Full Face" Coins. The term is mine, but I think it's recognizable. The entire Facebof the Coin is on the die plate for the coin.

image.jpeg

The back of the first few look like this. I'll decide if I want any changes. Note here, my Signature and Serial Number.

image.jpeg

I like these. I think they are one heck of a Collectible, and show so many of the skills and techniques I've Mastered. They are always going to be a stand out in any collection!

Gary
Re: Serial Numbers
April 24, 2016 05:55PM
Gary

That koin deserves a serial number . I can only imagine the hours spent on the die . It would also dress up nice into a necklace or key / chain / fob !

Thanks
Kurt
April 24, 2016 08:23PM
image.jpeg

Ha. Funny. I did a real quick sketch for a possibility yesterday. This one is to make a "Bezel" mount for the coins. That way you don't drill holes in them. The fingers of the bezel are clamped over the Coin. Could be removed/swapped.

If you have other ideas, tell me.

Gary
April 24, 2016 08:24PM
Make a Great Lanyard Medal.

Gary
April 24, 2016 08:27PM
I also have several ideas for double sided Laminated coins.

Also an idea for a Flat Pocket Case. Reduced thickness Coins each side. Various compartment lid options. The ideas pour in!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 04:42AM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 340 on August 28, 2024