Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LOVED this Knife!!!!

LOVED this Knife!!!!
May 28, 2016 07:52PM
image.jpeg

I see more of these in my Future ...,

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 04:06AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: LOVED this Knife!!!!
May 28, 2016 08:03PM
You mentioned you "Loved" this knife, when did you make it?

It does sure look really nice! Love the handle and blade!

Pedro
May 28, 2016 08:13PM
This is that Sheath Hunter I'm making. Note the grain (Hamon) in the steel. Visible at just the right angle in the Crocus Polish (Done on a buffing compound charged leather Wheel).

Note the Differentially heat treat possible by strictly controlling the temperature of the steel during quench and during temper.

Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
May 29, 2016 12:47AM
Nice looking knife, is this one for sale?
May 29, 2016 02:18AM
Hello Julio,

The first pic here is of the Hunter/Fighter knife I sold a couple of weeks ago. I liked it so much, I just decided to post another pic. I do have another one very similar that will be ready soon. Thanks for asking.

The pics of the blade steel is from this hunting Knife.

image.jpeg

It's not quite finished and I'll finish the sheath before I price this.

There are a few things in the works. And, I've made some tooling that will be helpful.

Quick Story .....

It would always be PERFECT to make solid patterns first, before making a new design .... so that parts are repeatable. Now, it completely possible that IF you did it In that orde, you'd want to CHANGE SOMETHING and thus make all the time in the pattern wasted. If / though -you make the prototype without a pattern first .... then you have to go back and retro design the patterns to duplicate it. The choice is up to luck.

Well, this last week I made some patterns and did the retro thing. Patterns aren't just paper dolls. They are hardened tool steel with your drilling guides and lay out points extremely precisely done.

I know that I've been very hard on myself by making soooooo many designs of everything. Still, those are only part of what I've thought of. And, I hope it has made collecting my work interesting. If I could have stood it, mindless repetition would have been far less stress. But, I think ... far less interesting. Hope I did it right. A bit late now.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021