Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oil on Eagle River!

Oil on Eagle River!
January 12, 2012 09:17PM
Eagle River Stock 002.JPG

There's a joint here between the stock bottom and the stock comb. It's a clam shell design to contain the hammer tube on the Orion format. No ... that's a dark grain line ... the joint is half way up. I seperate the plank so the grain matches. Here, it's sanded in and invisible. In use, you'll see a line there as the wood moves. It's not a glued joint as it comes apart for service.

Eagle River Stock 005.JPG

All the stocks are marked inside with permenant ink under the finish.

a_oil_EagleRiverWoodsman.jpg

Here, I have the stock for the Woodsman Eagle River 62 all shaped, sanded, and the first coat of oil is applied.

a_oil_EagleRiverWoodsman2.jpg

Note in the pictures, the thumb shelf on each side, in this design.

a_comb.jpg

a_hardpoint.jpg

Also note, where the top comb pc. is attached to the bottom stock at the back, there is an inlaid brass machined hard point. Anything so simple as a woodscrew would work here ... but I do it this way so the gun can be disassembled for service ... many times ... and not become a degraded mess of sloppy parts. So many ask me what will happen when I'm not here to service this stuff ... well ... this is my contribution to that.

Green bowing

Gary

a_stock_tag.jpg
Re: Oil on Eagle River!
January 13, 2012 12:57AM
a_Woodsman_Eagle_River.jpg

Just to drop in the gun this applies to.

thumbs up
Anonymous User
January 13, 2012 01:08AM
Look,s very nice and powerful. Polar bear???????
January 13, 2012 01:35AM
Polar Bear?!? Hey, it's not THAT cold where I live!

In fact, it's been raining hard all day. Right on top of the two feet of fresh snow...that's sitting on top of the frozen slush from the last time it did this a week ago. Snowman Right about now, I'm kinda wishing that it would do one or the other.

On the other hand, if we hadn't gotten all the rain we'd be worse off than Cordova, and they hit the news a day or two ago when they literally had to call out the National Guard.eye rolling smiley Now...a lot of folks around here think that Cordova is crying wolf, and that their problem consists mainly of poor planning on the part of their budget committee and inadequate reserves for snow removal. That said, they do have some pretty impressive piles of the white stuff stacked up around town. Once you get that deep, it gets difficult finding a place to push it so that you can still get around.

And as far as the stock goes, a big thumbs-up for Gary.thumbs up Looking good! I can't wait to see what it looks like fully assembled.smiling smiley
January 13, 2012 09:27PM
Hi Sean,

Stock's finished now. The last coat is finishing it's drying. Looks great. Nice rich color.,

When it's good and dry I'll assemble it for a pic. thumbs up

Gary
January 13, 2012 10:58PM
Finished? I thought a couple coats of bedliner were going on next? laughing
January 14, 2012 01:04AM
Don't worry Jerry. I can always just wrap it with skateboard tape if it gets too beat up. grinning smiley
Anonymous User
January 18, 2012 10:35PM
Hi Sean, just kidding and i know you will enjoy it and stay warm...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021