Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scheduling inside the Wormhole

Scheduling inside the Wormhole
June 20, 2016 02:49PM
The Schedule.

I try to keep the forum interesting.

If you want to know what I'm doing, and why, I post it here.

I make a serious attempt to not just "bleed" all over the forum. Nobody likes whining.

I tell you why I'm doing, what I'm doing.

Generally, I'm in a fairly sane frame of mind, and I'm working my heart out. It will almost never be on what you think I should be working on. It will pretty much always be obvious to you that I'm approaching the challenges incorrectly. In other words, I have my head in a dark place. That may explain my neck pain. That's progressed from a horrible painful stiff neck occasionally, to a condition that never leaves. Often, it's about all I can think of. Want me to go to the Dr.? Start the MRIs. Toss them on the pile.

Well, I realize it was a stupid time to schedule in severe chronic neck pain. But, you know me. I know that conflicts with my scheduled attempt to secure a new broker and the scheduled failure of the whole jewelry effort. So far. Luckily, a couple spots opened up when those scheduled successful results from the researched and prototyped efforts failed to produce a call back or sales. And, since there have been no birthdays or special occasions, within the entire readership - in at least six months; nobody has asked for a pendant, cuff, earrings, pocket case, carved wooden box, coin, or any small quicker item.

Showing the forum what I'm working on and explaining my work, would seem to be interesting to many. I have won the highest awards for my work. I've achieved the highest rankings. Regarding Airguns, the results are evident in my targets. Point being - you aren't being asked to look at a bunch of crappy inferior stuff. However; the feedback would convince no one. Unless I do a stage magician routine if guessing exactly what a reader is thinking, it's for nought.

Since it's doubtful that readers are just dying to spend a big chunk of money each time they click in here, it would be logical to assume that they just find something interesting about the quality of my work. So; I'd ask readers to consider that there's another layer to observe here. If the subject is an Airgun, or a knife, or a pocket case, bullet mold, sizing die, cuff bracelet, challange coin, pendant, or special tool .... it's made in my shop, by the same old guy. So; if the reader makes a distinction regarding whether engraving is being done on a rifle part, a knife part, or a jewelry part - that's his choice. I'd suggest that they are all engraving, and more interesting then hearing Josh gripe about George in the break room.

Scheduling. THE question. "I know your neck has been killing you, you are trying to save your health insurance, and you can't get your truck back from the repair shop (where 7 brake boosters either came in broken or failed to work once installed), however; I wondered what your anticipated "Schedule" is for mine right now?" Right. OK. I was just tweaking the algorithm I use to update my daily .....,,

I can either post what I'm working on, or not. I can try to keep it as lighthearted as I can. Honestly, endless pain steals your personality. It's a cruel thief that not only takes your flat screen, but your family pictures off the mantle. You can't remember anything good that ever happened. You just remember pain and you have a tiny bit of trouble being "fun". If you manage to post a few lighter things - someone feels you aren't taking the "Schedule" seriously enough.

Just to clarify. I'm currently doing the most stupid things, in the wrong order, for inane reasons. "Anybody" could do a better job. When I update the schedule of my life, each morning, my browser tries to tempt me with trips to Aruba and vendors of work socks. My neck feels like a cartoon Owl. Therefore; I am off to engrave.

Those six of you who do not actively hate me, may wish to anticipate the completion of a model 97 today. I met with my new Broker yesterday. I placed a pocket knife in his hand for him to play with during his Father's Day festivities. I reminded him that it was surgically sharp. Those of you who wish I was dead, may take comfort in the fact that I shall be in severe pain all day, as I work. If I were a Hollywood "A" lister, I'd be a hero for my "plucky attitude", and fortitude. As it is, I'm just a broken down old guy in the pines of the Florida Panhandle. The schedule calls for lunch at ..... ah ..... 11:47 Central Time today. Perhaps I'll choke on my fork.

I am scheduled to return to gun work ..... Ahhh ..... Friday at 3:07pm ..... Central. From 1:34 until 3:05 pm ... Central .... I am scheduled to have a Nasty migraine. I'm not sure why I'm only scheduled for roughly two hours .... I will have to ache fast. I'll do my best.

Kelly is away this week. She is helping with Vacation Bible School at Church. If you want a piece of me, I won't be as distracted by kindness and support this week. Barbs will be more effective as it sucks to be alone in pain. Thank You.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 03:00PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Scheduling inside the Wormhole
June 20, 2016 05:56PM
Gary
I feel your pain ! Kelly is a saint as is my wife for all these years . I just had my 27 th anniversary last week too !I did some of the surgery required on my back and I didn't have a choice . It's very debilitating for us young'n. I took a couple days off last week making a long weekend and by Sunday I was walking funny from lazing around the house .

You can only do what you can do . I will say a prayer for an easier way for you to get thru !
Some time when stress levels are high the pain appears from nowhere and everywhere . Somehow I manage to WORK thru it by keeping busy . The same as I'm sure you do .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021