Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airgun Build Proceeding Slowly

Airgun Build Proceeding Slowly
June 27, 2016 02:07AM
I had wanted to do a lot yesterday. I got a few things completed. Had to make custom screws as I didn't have a slotting saw blade. Figured best way was to quick make my own fly type cutter.

image.jpeg

Around 2pm had salesman show up. Security systems. Listened to their presentation and already knew there would be costs and subscribtion fees. The company is called Vivint and was on undercover boss at one time. Great system! Easy to use so will try it for their 10 day trial.

Hopefully get more done this week!

Pedro
Re: Airgun Build Proceeding Slowly
June 27, 2016 02:46AM
Pedro,

Refresh my memory. Do you have a mill and/or a lathe?

I haven't ground a tool yet. I want to make a few for O-ring grooves and such but it hasn't risen to the top of the project pile yet.

This looks like a big project that is going to take a while. Do you have a hoped for finish date?

Lon
June 28, 2016 04:12AM
Hi Lon,

I have an import 7x14" lathe and a mill/drill made in Taiwan. Nothing fancy. Since moving I lost use of my dads tool shop. I have access to larger equipment at work and will use as a last resort. We installed a Haas TM3, CNC mill at work last week, not sure if I will have access to it and it's okay if not.

Project will probably take into September. Maybe sooner but summers are so busy.

Thanks,

Pedro
June 27, 2016 09:57PM
Pedro
Seems like a lot of work makin your own screws . Is there more than one you needed the same or all that for one ? Seems like it would take forever .

Thanks
Kurt
June 28, 2016 04:04AM
Hi Kurt,

It was a little time consuming making the screws. At least I could customize the sizes to what I needed. Took maybe about 1.5 hours. Making the fly cutter took some of that. Hopefully only need to make these screws and use commercial for the remaining screws.

Pedro
June 28, 2016 04:08AM
I faced the tubing tonight and milled the slots for the breech slide. Only had 45 minutes in the garage. Had to watch puppy, get supper and some groceries and had promised to work on spreadsheet data for someone at work.

Oh to be independently wealthy!!!!

image.jpeg

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021