Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Stone Telephone Age ...,

The Stone Telephone Age ...,
June 28, 2016 10:07PM
Did our Ancestors really LIVE this way???? With NO WIFI or STREAMING radio???!!! It's .... it's just HEARTLESS!!! IT'S CRUELTY in the Second Degree!!!

Not sure what happened about nine months ago here, but all at once .... BANG!!!!! No Radio Reception here. Three or four radios, various kinds and types of antenna. Zip. Expect for 1/3 of a Cry'in in your beer Kuntree, and three TV Preachers. That's it. AM and FM. OHHHHHHhhhh!!!! Whaaaahhh!!!!

Fred Flintstone paddles the UPS Truck in here just before midnight when he comes here.

I've already lost three pounds to Misquitos typing this on the patio.

why me
Re: The Stone Telephone Age ...,
June 29, 2016 02:15AM
Oh .... THANK GOD!!!!

UPS CAME ...... NEARLY 7 PM

We have the house back to 2016. I fear I was correct though. The Shop remains in the Dark Ages. I have to buy another wireless router tomorrow.

Gary
June 29, 2016 10:07AM
Gary
I feel your pain . I guess we've been lucky here . We've had many power outages but never smoked our router .Often we've called our cable people and they reset it remotely as my wife is on the phone with them . It's always worked after . It's also one she purchased but they support .

On a different note a recent issue I've been seeing here is well I have all channels memorized 4-76 . My thumb is trained and I don't even look BUT .... After a while the TV / cable reboots me to the HD channel 791 . Then the TV guide resets to ( to be announced ) the channels are the same show just MAKES me go to HD version. I don't have those numbers memorized and can't even notice the difference between HD & regular with my old eyes . So with my calculations I'd I have to press buttons 3 times per channel change now to watch the same channels that took 2 button pushes b4 x 1000 changes per sitting x 365 days , my thumb will wear out by 2018 . And you thought you had it bad angry with "no" signbrick wall

Thanks
Kurt
June 29, 2016 12:22PM
You guys are just too funny...
Do the best you can to hang in there, we'll send the Red Cross disaster team when you call again doggie.
Later,
Jeff
June 29, 2016 12:56PM
Funny

Funny????

funny, you say .... Our LIVES are hanging by a thread!! I tell you Sir, there is nothing funny about being forced .... FORCED I TELL YOU, to upgrade. Even sadder

What they've done, is to make it ILLEGAL to ever be SATISFIED!!! What? You've learned some proceedure? Let me CHANGE that for you. No thanks? NO, I INSIST!!!! Now, you can learn it all again. You didn't have anything else to do - right? Oh ... You are USING your phone? Here, lets install a complete new Operating system for you. We INSIST. You can do it now, or we will make your first wife look like the "Saint of Patience" and nag the life from your dry bones until you yield. You WILL YIELD you realize ... Bahhwahhhhaahhhhaaa!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2016 03:02PM
Teehee...
June 30, 2016 12:59PM
I have it fixed.

Sorry. Can't stand the isolation after 42 years alone in the shop.

I replaced the modem in the house. Got a new wireless router for the Studio area. House good. Studio - nothing. I traced it to half of the 200 foot run of cat5e cable from house to Studio. Something was wrong with the second length. It wasnt the joint between the two. That tested good. The joint is above ground. I plugged in a second short Ethernet cable and had net. So I replaced the second hundred feet. Bingo.

Nobody believes I can't get radio here. I used to. Then, I just get fragments, a couple old Country stations, and a few TV preachers. Metal building. I've tried antenna. Anyway - streaming is good, but I've had two routers fried with lightening.

Oh - btw. Eye Dr. this morning.

Been working on parts. Oh. Got the truck back. It sucks. Brakes minimal. They actually asked me not to bring it back. They've put on new calipers. The 7th Brake booster .... made it to Mobile .... then got lost. The eighth is in place. About half works. They have no idea why. They replaced most things. They claim the truck is cursed. I can't argue.

Anyway - the week so far, has been a real gem. When I can do this ....

image.jpeg

And end up fighting aggravating madness half of each week ..... why me ..... It's hard to convince people that I'm not just making it all up!!!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 01:16PM by barnespneumatic.
June 30, 2016 02:20PM
Well, Gary, I'm glad you got the truck back...
Just carry an old boat anchor and throw it out the back when you need to.
I guess it is what it is. The new knives have been awesome!
Hang in there,
Jeff
June 30, 2016 02:59PM
Hi Jeff,

That whole darned truck has turned into a boat anchor. Should throw the whole thing out the back. Ha.

AND ..... did you catch .... I was notified it has the killer schrapnel air bags. Yay!!!!

But only 70k and half of that was moving.

Keep Truckin'
June 30, 2016 05:46PM
Dude, I know. Just had those done in my 06 Honda Ridgeline. Sometimes it seems like it will never end!!!
It's times like these I just start humming the Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' and wonder what in the heck went wrong with MY life...
We all live in a yellow sub......
Later,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021