Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now .... I was just supposing ... that a Squirrei ...

Now .... I was just supposing ... that a Squirrei ...
December 23, 2016 12:59AM
Running around the walls, shelves, counters, benches .... of a shop .... could make one HECK of a mess ....

They'd probably tear up all the sealing foam around the air conditioner and Windows .... trying to get out ...

They might still be in a Buffing room window sill, and explode past anybody unlucky enough to be checking things out ....

Most likely be stuff .... ALL OVER the floor ... ALL OVER the .... everything ...

I'm just saying ... Don't ask me how I know ...?

whistling

fudd

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 02:41AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Now .... I was just supposing ... that a Squirrei ...
December 23, 2016 12:54PM
I recommend a small lead plomb . Say maybe ..... .20 cal . .177 smoke right thru them and possibly the wall . 20 cal head shot will stop them dead in their tracks .
Be very Verrrrrrry qwiet !

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 12:58PM by kurt wag.
December 23, 2016 01:20PM
You're right Kurt!

If I could just get a bead on him - maybe while he's chewing on a carved walnut gun stock .... ....... POW!!!

And splinters would fly.

Esss Sirrr!!!! laughing again

Gary
December 23, 2016 02:47PM
I understand they love peanut butter strategically placed in front of a safe backstop...
Don't ask me how I know.
Stay safe from the rascally rascals and have a great Christmas,
Jeff
December 23, 2016 04:36PM
Not sure if this would work on your varmint but i've used the rat zapper for chipmunks and mice. Puts them to sleep and no mess.
December 23, 2016 05:02PM
Wait til y'all hear "Squirrelpocalypse 2" ......

I'm recovering on the shop patio at the moment ........... excited

Garrrieeeeehhh
December 23, 2016 05:32PM
Gary
You need to coax that black cat friend of yours into the shop .
Little trail of kibbles and some milk would do the trick too .
Squirrells especially red ones will make a BIG mess and bring in the whole family . What kind do you'all have in flordia ? confused smiley

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 05:48PM by kurt wag.
December 23, 2016 08:48PM
Grey squirrels Kurt.

This morning, it was all torn up again!!!!!!!

Good Grieffffff!!!!

Two days of mess has really cut into my Christmas present time and Spirit.

I searched out entrance points yesterday. Closed anything I remotely thought a worm could get thru. This morning, stuff all over everything. Window insulation all hewed out again. But, that was the squirrel trying to get out! There's no entering thru the factory wiper seal outside.

Finally found the thing crouching in a corner behind the fridge! Couldn't really get in there. Geometry.

So; doors open, we performed Psyops on the Critter!!! Placed remote blue tooth speaker unit near fridge on counter. Dialed up Billy Idol!!! Hit the power!!!! BLARING ITS A GOOD DAY FOR A WHITE WEDDING!!!!!!!

Squirrel must be deaf. Nothing. Refused to run. Fine.

Ball Reservoir Gun. 25 Kodiak. THWAP!!!!! Right below ear. And ........... it refuses to die. stunned. Faint of heart .... Bail out now. footinmouth

It gasps. It twitches. It moves under fridge. I pull fridge out more, but it's difficult because of ... Geometry.

It flips back into corner. Starts bleeding on floor. Good Grief. Yes, I knew they had blood inside, but a quick pop to brain and gather up ...

Ok. Yes. Second Thwappp!!! To head.

Twitch. Wheeze. Spasm. I'm not up to being clawed.

I get fireplace tongs when it begins it's Zombie Apocalypse advance leaving a mess. I grab the thing. It's most uncooperative and refuses to die or be still.

I finally get it outside. I can see the first hole below the ear. I can see the second hole between eye and ear. I later see both exits. No, they were not Nerf pellets.

I was flummoxed. Darned thing just refused to expire. It took a third shot, back of head to front lobe. Are you KIDDING ME????!

Of course, I felt like a creep. And an idiot. Cleaning up for an hour afterwards didn't help.

The thing was isolated on a concrete floor. Up against the plywood corner of the cabinet and wall. It seemed a solution.

The theory is that the thing hid there all day. May have entered where I closed a construction oversight unfinished when the partition between shop and kitchen was put in. A piece of plywood corner not fitted. But, I closed that yesterday. Then it continued its exit attempt last night. Hid again today.

Guys and Gals ..... Yesterday I had shop doors open snd kitchen door open. I took a stick and thumped all over the shop. Turned on the compressor. Went ALL THRU the shop. And that darned thing hunkered down during that and all day!!!

What a pain it's been. Really a time suck.

Ok. Gotta go. Anyway .,., the morale of the story - "IF BILLY IDOL DON'T SCARE 'EM, SHOOT 'EM!!!

Gary
December 24, 2016 12:02AM
Gary,

I had a feeling this was not going to turn out well for you or the rodent. You never do things small do you? Big Move, Big Air Guns, big war with a Robin, and now the Squirrel wars. I loved it.

I know laughing at your misfortune is bad taste and I am sorry, but it was fun to read.. Not to clean up after but fun to read.

Well be glad it did not chew the main power lines or worse.

Next time try bubble gum pop music I don't know anyone or anything that can stand that.

Glad you are safe.

Already Christmas Eve Day here I was going fly fishing but a typhoon has moved into the Philippines and will will pass through Manila area I am safely living 400 miles or so South of Manila now. But the winds (30 mph or so) and rain will still make fly fishing a bit more of a challenge then I like. Have to try to get another date on that.

So Ho Ho Ho! to all.

Larry

PS. Gary are you going to have it mounted?
December 24, 2016 02:28AM
Hi Larry,

Yes, I realize resorting to the pellet rifle might strike readers as extreme. However; consider. This is a workshop. A rather crowed workshop. There are hundreds of places that darned thing might move to and hunker down again. Facing a mess each morning. Stuff all knocked down. Projects in the works on the benches. I cannot "squirrel proof" the shop every night. It would've like preparing against a three year old, during a tantrum; who has just been sent to "time out". They'll knock over and pull down everything within their grasp, on the way.

I had to END this thing. I felt a surgical strike, while the enemy was holed up, might be a good plan. I was quick and decisive. I struck well. But the enemy refused to die! CURSE YOU squirrel!! angry with "no" sign. You have stolen my freedom. I have Christmas gifts to finish. This very morning, a container of lacquer thinner (with a tight lid) was dumped to the concrete floor. It was found upside down, and still sealed, but I can't operate as if in a bunker. So; it had to end.

The squirrel had its revenge. Me crawling around spritzing cleanser and disinfectant while suited up. Preparing the cosmic waste for long term storage in Yuca Mountain. Loosing time so that I won't finish Kelly's gift. Two half days of this were critical loss.

Well, I must heave off Larry.

Be well, my Friend. Have a safe and enjoyable Christmas. May I suggest that you find someone's old movies and transfer them to digital. You have the stuff and skills.

Merry Christmas Larry
Gary and Kelly
December 25, 2016 02:48AM
Gary,

Marry Christmas to the whole clan.

Cleaning up Squirrel DNA does not sound like fun.

I am having a close miss by a Typhoon for added Christmas excitement. No problems or damage here.

OK,

One more time, "Merry Christmas to you and yours".

Larry

barnespneumatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Larry,
>
> Yes, I realize resorting to the pellet rifle might
> strike readers as extreme. However; consider. This
> is a workshop. A rather crowed workshop. There
> are hundreds of places that darned thing might
> move to and hunker down again. Facing a mess each
> morning. Stuff all knocked down. Projects in the
> works on the benches. I cannot "squirrel proof"
> the shop every night. It would've like preparing
> against a three year old, during a tantrum; who
> has just been sent to "time out". They'll knock
> over and pull down everything within their grasp,
> on the way.
>
> I had to END this thing. I felt a surgical strike,
> while the enemy was holed up, might be a good
> plan. I was quick and decisive. I struck well. But
> the enemy refused to die! CURSE YOU squirrel!!
> angry with "no" sign. You have stolen my freedom. I
> have Christmas gifts to finish. This very morning,
> a container of lacquer thinner (with a tight lid)
> was dumped to the concrete floor. It was found
> upside down, and still sealed, but I can't operate
> as if in a bunker. So; it had to end.
>
> The squirrel had its revenge. Me crawling around
> spritzing cleanser and disinfectant while suited
> up. Preparing the cosmic waste for long term
> storage in Yuca Mountain. Loosing time so that I
> won't finish Kelly's gift. Two half days of this
> were critical loss.
>
> Well, I must heave off Larry.
>
> Be well, my Friend. Have a safe and enjoyable
> Christmas. May I suggest that you find someone's
> old movies and transfer them to digital. You have
> the stuff and skills.
>
> Merry Christmas Larry
> Gary and Kelly
December 24, 2016 12:37PM
Hi Larry
Sorry to hear about the typhoon . I know how much you were looking forward to some good ole fly fishing . I haven't been fishing in quite a while myself . Hopefully you can reschedule or atleast maybe it'll blow over .
The river behind my house is almost frozen shut now . Ice fishing season is upon us here . There is one fameous River about 2hours north of me that never freezes shut and is open all year for fly fishing .
My son is home from school and it would be a great time to go .

Well happy holidays and Merry Christmas. Snowman

Thanks
Kurt
December 25, 2016 02:44AM
Kurt,

Thanks but the typhoon will be just North of me and do major damage up there. But the winds today are 15mph to 30mph and should go up a bit. Rain is on and off as the storm passes about 250 to 300 miles North of me.

So keeping a foam ant on the water would be bit of a challenge to my sub par fly fishing skills. I can re-schedule next month.

It is Christmas day here now about 11:30 am. I am meeting about 9 other lost Americans for an afternoon of fun and stories (some true most not) and just have a nice time. It is bring your own food. I am bringing my NEW Christmas tradition of Water Buffalo stew cooked in a Crock Pot. Like I told Gary it tastes a bit like Deer or Elk.

Your weather sounds way to cold for these old bones. I knew a guy from Northern Canada he said the weather could be described as 50 weeks of good cross country skiing followed by 2 weeks of not so good ice skating. I hope it is better there.

I hope you and yours are well and happy. Merry Christmas to all.

Larry
(Happily lost in Asia)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021