Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Put some metal under it

Put some metal under it
January 17, 2017 11:02PM
So just when you thought your job was easy in comes this little project . Can you put some metal on it ? It doesn't need to look good . Don't you have a welder ? Well it took a little circular math which is always fun for me and it came out ok . Now all i need s alittle bar~b~que paint and some marshmallows.
If you haven't guessed this is the pan for a city back yard camp fire pit . It's always sooo rusted out and thin to start with but just put alittle metal in there it will be fine . This was a little project that sat next to my tool box for over a month and finally got too it

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
image.jpg
Re: Put some metal under it
January 17, 2017 11:33PM
Hi Kurt,

Looks like a capital Viking Shield. Well done!

I'm sure the Opera Company would love to talk to you about the upcoming season!!! thumbs up

So; they really came in with ..."Now we don't need anything fancy ..." Haha. That's not just circular math. The old Pie R Square doesn't cover three dimensional arcs - does it? Haha. Get out the cardboard and scissors .... Haha.

Looks good. Great to see the back end of one of those jobs that lean against your desk.

Thanks for a Posting.
Gary
January 18, 2017 09:57AM
Gary
No cardboard at all I mathed it all out with 1" overlaps . I did have to changes piece count . I was going to use 9" x 16" x20 Gage pie wedges to equal an 88" circumference but then I couldn't find the 9" flat stock we had . It was 6" ( upside down 9) but the narrower width made it easier to form but increased my piece count . I'm no tin knocker but for a free bee it wlll work and was kinda fun for a change .

Thanks
Kurt
Sal
January 18, 2017 05:04AM
Nice work Kurt, doesn't have to be fancy to burn wood in it! I like the "city back yard camp fire pit". I just have a slight depression with 3/4 of the pit lined with oddball pieces of debarked logs. I'll have to snap a picture next time I'm home.
January 18, 2017 01:50PM
Kurt,
Now that's impressive! I wish I had those skills.
Nice work,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021