Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off Topic 3d Printed Messerschmidt 109

Off Topic 3d Printed Messerschmidt 109
March 28, 2017 02:14AM
Awhile ago I downloaded a model of a Messerschmidt. I had to rework many surfaces like removing landing gear. Printed the plane fore fun.

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

Wing span is 12". I was surprised that the exhaust manifolds printed as they are small. Neat project and may try to double the size next print.

One company has taken 3D printing airplanes commercial.

[3dlabprint.com]

It is neat, $20 for the files and about $10 to $15 material per plane. Not bad really, if you crash just need to reprint the parts.

Hope this is of interest.

Pedro
Re: Off Topic 3d Printed Messerschmidt 109
March 28, 2017 03:34AM
It is of interest Pedro. Thanks.

When you mention crashing .... humor? ....or an this be altered for a RC Version??? I suspect it's possible.

Hey ... You should be able to download files to make the parts for a Quadcopter Drone or the like. Fun I'd think. They interest me.

Endless things. Are you getting a good bond between the layers/passes?

Gary
March 28, 2017 03:28PM
Yes the bond is adhering quite well. I did break one wing trying to get it off the printer bed, but that was on me.

You could print endless parts for the RC airplane version. As many as you wanted with a one time few of the files.

Drones, I have thought about it but in Canada you now need a license to fly them. To many people flying into airspace and doing frowned upon surveillance with them.

I found a glider design, that would be neat to build into RC.
March 28, 2017 04:37AM
Pedro,

Neat. I've seen videos of many techniques used to smooth and paint the surface of printed parts. Lots of tricks and best practices.

You can find a lot of planes here if you like plane models:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Lon
March 28, 2017 01:52PM
How about a ME262. Those were quite the revolutionary design, weren't they.
March 28, 2017 03:17PM
Yes, the ME262 was one of the first jet engine fighters if I remember correctly. Introduced a little to late in the 2nd world war as the allies had control of the air. Correct me if I am wrong.

Would be a neat plane also to print.

Need to find a better CAD of the P51 Mustang. My favorite airplane.
March 28, 2017 05:18PM
Yes Pedro,

The plane would/could have changed the war. It was command's desire or allowance of developing so many differing things at once, that kept them from having quantities of any one thing. (Hummmmm ...., whistling .....)

For the sake of We as Allies, we succeeded AGAINST their state of the art plane. To be painfully clear, I'm very glad they failed. I can find appreciation in interesting machinery though.

They even had some rocket fighter planes. They'd fire them way the heck up above an incoming group of bombers, and then, the rocket plane fighters would come streaking down out of the 12 o'clock, at high speed, and fire on the Allies on the way thru.

They were also using slave labor, in mine shaft/cavern factory set ups ... to make this stuff where is couldn't easily be bombed.

Just to lighten my post a bit, I've always said the most effective war tool would be the ability to induce "backache" in an attacker.

Gary
March 28, 2017 03:29PM
Thanks Lon,

I use thingiverse often. Grabcad has better models though, just not as many.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021