Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PULLED ........, / BPS Stabalized WOOD Folder

PULLED ........, / BPS Stabalized WOOD Folder
March 07, 2017 10:31PM
The First Example of my Stabalized Wood. Wharncliff Wittler. THE most handy blade shape you will ever use. Think about it .... are you more likely to skin a Racoon or open a Package. Think where you want the point. And, I finished this folder as a tool. It has s great grip. Great tactile feedback. However; is you want it more shiny and slick .,. Can do.

Stabalizing Wood is Infusing it, throughout; by a vacuum process. The Liquid resin is then thermoset, and becomes quite hard and stable. It becomes BPS PETRIFIED WOOD that is!!! Ha.

Hope you like it. I'm sure you have seen the other posts. It's 2 3/4" by 6 3/16" OAL

BRUSHED blade. Stainless Tool Steel Blade and Spring, Brass Case.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

$419 us. Post Man wants $15 for Priority Mail and Insurance.

Drop your Marker Here please. Tell me any details in the PRIVATE MESSAGE section. Upper right. typing

Thanks so much!
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 01:38AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: FOR SALE / BPS STABALIZED SOUTHERN LIVE OAK - Base Camp Format Folder bullhorn
March 08, 2017 12:15PM
That is a beautiful piece Gary!
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff
Re: FOR SALE / BPS STABALIZED SOUTHERN LIVE OAK - Base Camp Format Folder bullhorn
March 08, 2017 05:50PM
Ok. We have 36 reads and one nice comment. I'm asking for comments. Opinions. Evidence that there is life outside my own posts. I should actually have become a Dentist, since I spend so much of my time pulling teeth anyway. whistling
March 08, 2017 09:20PM
Sorry about the teeth pulling ! I think the wood turned out beautiful and quite unique. Looks like a great whiddling knife with that Wharncliffe blade!
Once again the the artist vision gets made into reality. Very nice Gary.

Bob
March 08, 2017 10:19PM
Many thanks Bob.

So .... they DO exist .... alien .... and they can type!

Ha
Gary
March 09, 2017 12:08AM
image.jpeg

I had a couple of additional pics of this knife.

Enjoy. Any questions?

image.jpeg

Thanks for reading.
Gary
March 09, 2017 09:48AM
Gary
Thats some great looking wood and what a great addition to your business . Stabilized wood ! There's been many times I've seen wild grained pieces but knew they wouldn't survive the test of time . I looked up the shape of the blade and that is about the toughest design out there and easy to sharpen too .
Thanks for the opportunity .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: bullhorn. FOR SALE / BPS STABALIZED SOUTHERN LIVE OAK - Base Camp Format Folder bullhorn
March 10, 2017 08:02PM
Gary,

That turned out to be a real looker. Someone is going to be very happy with it.

Karl
Re: PULLED ........, / BPS Stabalized WOOD Folder
April 22, 2017 01:09PM
Gary,
It is amazing how I can disappear for a couple of months only to come back and find you have been very busy!
I love the finish of the stabilized wooden scales. If one were to become available again, I know someone who would find it a nice home.... Just let me know!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021