Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mammoth Mosaic - Check colors and patterns

Mammoth Mosaic - Check colors and patterns
April 19, 2017 08:59PM
Consider. These are 3 3/8" long. That means that if they appear as 6 3/4" on your screen (as they may) then that is NOT twice as big. Yes, 3 3/8" times 2 IS 6 3/4" .... BUT .... when the image gets 2 times longer, it also gets 2 times wider! So; the image is covering 4 TIMES the AREA. IT'S 4 TIMES AS BIG.

IMG_4401.JPG

Take a look at the colors and grain patterns. These are all Ancient 10,000 to 30,000 years plus .... Wooly Mammoth Tusk. Amazing that it exists.

The knifevwill be done soon. Sorry, I had to replace a section of Mammoth Ivory and I without going into the process .... it's a process! More coffee

Finishing. Wish me luck plz.

Gary
Re: Mammoth Mosaic - Check colors and patterns
April 20, 2017 01:16AM
Gary,

It is ART. But I think "luck" is not as big a factor in your work as it is in most. I think you know what you are doing. Luck is always a factor in everything we do. But the wonders you produce may contain some lucky bits but they are not produced by luck.

I am stunned that Mammoth tusk is still around and can be worked like that and look so stunning.

Luck? I have lots. I bought a 1000 foot roll of wire for security cams and it had at least one break somewhere inside the roll. Sending it back. That is my luck.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021