Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great Folder Under Build!

Great Folder Under Build!
November 04, 2017 06:06PM
AND .... the Blade is Damascus Steel. From the Barnes Vaults. Forged in the 90's at BPN.

I've ordered a new batch of acid for this steel's blade. It's been hardened and tempered.

The Mosaic is Malachite, Ebony, and Live Oak from BPS (stabilized). I've been seeing this Mosaic in my mind's eye for several months. It was time to share it. Hope you like it too. I'd love to hear your feedback

Gary
IMG_8188.JPG
IMG_8199.JPG
IMG_8223.JPG
IMG_8224.JPG
Re: Great Folder Under Build!
November 04, 2017 08:03PM
IMG_8227.JPG
November 04, 2017 11:09PM
Gary
That's a really good mix of earthy colors . I think your trying to get me in trouble..... you know green is my favorite color !
I see the orange template next to knife and thought you were going to mix and match sides with different materials.
It's a winner fer sure

Thanks
Kurt
November 05, 2017 01:25PM
Hi Kurt,

Green is also my favorite

Nahwwl, I'd never tempt ya with amazing wonderful things. whistling

I'm working on the bolsters and trying to wait for my new acid to arrive for the etch. Patience patience....

Kelly is away visiting our family this weekend. I'm home alone working.

Gary
November 06, 2017 12:04AM
Very special engraving on this fine 97. It is an entirely different school of work. I think you will enjoy it. Since it is unique, I want your first exposure to it to be when it's complete, or very nearly so.

Hope your weekend was well. I'm glad Kelly is back safely. The family is good. Fritz had a road trip. He's a great traveling dog. You never know he's there in the car.

BTW ... the toe is healed. Infection cleared. I'm finally released from the maintenance routine. Gosh, I have another hour and a half a day! And, it doesn't hurt! Wow .... no wonder I've enjoyed engraving. It had hurt and throbbed for months.

I've heard the news. It's such a shame. I really do hope you get just a bit of good vibes from dropping in here. Sure, I have to process my life .... but that's the small stuff. Overall ... you know the values I operate by. I hope you can click in and know that you aren't going to be horrified by something.

You take care.
It's time for Dinner.
Gary
November 06, 2017 02:08PM
Gary,

It looks really nice, the wood and malachite pair well together. Great to hear about your toe infection being cleared up. Had the infection spread, I don't even want to think of the consequences. Living with the pain for so long it must seem like a new world. ..if just the other aches would follow.

Karl
November 07, 2017 03:58AM
Thanks Karl,

It was a bit more serious then I explained. One Doc indicated the infection appeared to be quite advanced. I believed I was following a solid routine of treatment but did not understand the alarm bells. They gave me mega doses of antibiotics before they addressed the toe. I do realize now, just how much that had dragged me down altogether. Glad it's mostly past. A four month detour there.
November 08, 2017 11:36PM
The engraving has about another day to complete.

I checked today. The acid for etching should be delivered tomorrow.

The piece is looking real good. There will be a couple unexpected twists.

Gary
November 10, 2017 05:32PM
IMG_8266.JPG

A chip, a flake, a speck at a time. You remove them from around the vision you have seen in your head.

Tell you a story ... minute ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021