Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The News and Events

The News and Events
December 31, 2017 02:51PM
Couldn't think of a better title.

Hey .... there's a number of things going on here. We had a close family member with a very serious medical incident yesterday. It happened up in the Cumberland, Maryland area. He was in the ICU last evening. Improvement this morning. Prayers would be appreciated. We all expected tragedy and that's evidently been averted. Thank God.

Way down the scale, my back/leg has just been in agony. I am way behind on my epidural injections. Various complications. It caught up with me a couple weeks before Christmas and it's gotten worse. There are lots of periods of time now when the pain just will not turn down. The needle just bounces between "Hurts like Hades" and "Agony". And when it just won't quit, it drags everything down. Some may wonder "why don't you just get it treated?" There are the darnedest series of complications with state laws, Dr's policies, cost, travel. We are trying to work it all out. Nothing's simple. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayer.

Next: I'm well along on finishing a Penknife nearly identical to this one.

IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

This is the one I finished a few weeks ago. If you recall, we unboxed a group of parts from Maryland. Circa approx 1987ish. I applied new techniques I pioneered here at BPS, to make an amazing small vest pocket knife with chain ring. I had another blade and spring so I'm making a duplicate. I've positioned additional "Cinnamon Roll" Skeeter Tusk so that it will look very nearly like this exact pattern. Since the second scale material was just a bit thinner, I added my own pinstripe Skeeter Tusk material of a very dark purple. It looks nearly black, but gives a subtle flash of color as it's turned. It will have an elegant look.

Just wanted you to know that this one is coming very soon. I'll keep the $350 price plus USPS PRIORITY of $15 shipping and insurance. I plan to work today, as much as my leg allows. I might get it done today. THIS NEXT PENKNIFE IS NOW .... SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thanks for reading and caring to check in.
God Bless
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 10:24PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: The News and Events
December 31, 2017 08:43PM
Gary, that’s a great little knife. It’s the perfect size to carry every day for small unexpected tasks. You can’t even tell it’s in your pocket.
Prayers for your family member and for your pains.

Scott
December 31, 2017 10:16PM
Thanks Scott,

You must have gotten yours. Great!

Remember it's there before you fly. We don't want to add to the TSA's collection of Custom Barnes Knives! Hah!!!

Enjoy.
Gary

EDIT: Hah. I hadn't noticed that I had a PM telling me that Scott got the knife late last night. One of those odd deliveries they do occasionally. And, he Loves it! take a bow. Yayyyy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 10:22PM by barnespneumatic.
December 31, 2017 10:31PM
Gary & Kelly
Sorry for the bad news up north . I hope all works out for the best. It sounds like you got the Lord on your team working overtime. It's truly ridiculous the way the whole health care and prescriptions are being treated .All the doctors are afraid to do what they've always been doing . They don't want to get sued OR loose their licenses .I hope we all get it figured out and can still get and afford the treatments we need .

I'd like you to put my name in that pen knife please . It's a great little piece and I HOPE I can give it to my wife and have a retirement party for her Swiss Army knife that she always carries . If you can throw it in the next box headed north I'd appreciate it . ( the checks in the mail )
Hope y'all have a good relaxing New Year's Eve and extra marshmallows for everyone !More coffee

PS: DON't let me buy any more knives this year !

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 10:39PM by kurt wag.
December 31, 2017 10:50PM
Hi Kurt,

We passed in the woods Buddy. I was posting this one Sold.

But you get #3 cause you were a Gentleman standing back on #1.

IMG_9640.JPG

I know it's not necessary for you, but for the readers .... here is blade 3 from Md., with Penknife 2.

Thanks very much. It will help.
Gary

OK .... you are cut off Mr., until 2018. (Oooooh .... sounds soooo far away, doesn't it.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 10:52PM by barnespneumatic.
January 02, 2018 04:35PM
Kurt,
I neglected to cover your medical response.
We were juuuuust able to sign up for Affordable Care Ins., before the deadline. For it, we got to pay up front costs, and huge deductibles. And, something was screwy that didn't allow part of it .... so that's still pending.
"If" I'm lucky enough to be hit by a bus, and nearly killed ... THEN I "might" be able to get my injection while they put me back together. We can only hope. Otherwise, I guess I'll be exploring farther into the cave network of pain. Is this a great plan, or what?

Gary
December 31, 2017 10:39PM
Here's the 2nd one I mentioned this morning.

It's now SOLD ... many thanks. God Bless

Gary
IMG_9637.JPG
IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9635.JPG
January 07, 2018 02:02AM
Great choice of colors Gary adding the purple. I'm just surprised you HAD purple laying around . I also enjoy seeing you assembly tools . I've gotta get me one of those hand vices!

Thanks
Kurt
January 07, 2018 03:30AM
There are several of these Cinnamon roll Vest Pocket knives going at once. Recall, we passed on opposite sides of that huge Oak last week. I can do the liner on a few of them. The one shown is supposed to be the second. I said I'd do the third for your little lady. Four and Five are spoken for and are roughed out in parts.

Thru the week, while grinding my teeth, I've been sawing parts. There are eight total sawn out. About four rough profile ground (grinder modification really helped). I also had to go back .... after the fact .... and make a master pattern. That will mainly come into play after those under build. The Maryland parts served as the pattern for these. Now those will be gone. Looks like the product is a solid winner. So I've invested in master patterns.

More on them tomorrow.

Yes. All the other stuff is still on bench. The Pistols. And, as all this cooks into a nice stew .... I'll slice in some Ledger parts for assembly. I'm doing more than I can. The leg and back is agonizing. I have to keep working or loose my mind sitting in pain.

Goodnight
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021