Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

January 20, 2018 12:35PM
I'm improved quite a bit. Kelly still has the cough. Taking her to Dr this am.

If you wonder why we didn't rush over there immediately, and sit with the other sickos, the Docs tell us not to. It's the flu. It's viral. There are a hundred things over the shelf for symptoms. We have 75 of them here. Until it turns bacterial, they aren't going to give you antibiotics.

I went thru the cycle. Stopped coughing 98%. Getting stronger except for my leg. That was so inflamed, I need another set of injections next week. That was and remains very painful. As the remnants of the flu drop off, I'll get some work done.

Thoughts/prayers for Ms. Kelly please.

Gary
Re: Report
January 20, 2018 09:05PM
Back,

Got treatment for Kelly. Quite a series of long waits. Once the Doc wrapped up and said Kelly would be getting a couple of serious shots, we thought we were about finished. Nope. We waited and waited ....Spring turned to Summer .... nearly an hour after we hoped we were done (Kelly is falling out of her chair weak) ... I just have to ask .... "...maybe an oversight...???" Nope, sorry .... it's "still mixing". stunned

"It will be even more painful, if it doesn't mix properly...". Ok, thanks ... by all means ....

So I sit and hold up Kelly. When the shots come, it's a darned good thing they took the extra mix time .... ouch.

Then we paid. Then ..... wait ..... then they decided that was wrong ... so we paid more ....

Then we were off to the Pharmacy for fun. Kelly has to wait in the car ...

I go to the Drop Off Windows. ".... for my wife, Kelly Barnes .... "

'..... we've been waiting for THEIR ORDER ....... the Pharmacist is calling now ..... please wait ....'

'Ok .... He's getting them now ... but this one with Codine.... don't think they can call that in .... ' "...sorry? Ah ....AHHHHMMMMMmmmm ... it's 11:45, THEY CLOSE AT NOON!!!!" "I can't get back down there by .... !!!! ..... WEEKEND!!!!! ..... OMG - that's THE ONE SHE needs...."

'Wait .....'. 'Oh..... that doesn't have Codine'. "HUH? I think it does ...." (SHUT UP SELF!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING????!!!)". 'Wait a minute' ..... pow wow .... talk talk. Shaking heads ...shake shake ....'

'Yes, it does have Some .... but ....'. "But the phone in Script is good????????????? Huh huh huh?????" 'Yes, Sir ....plz stop licking my hand ....'

"Oh ..... thank God!!!"

I limp back to the van. Tell Kelly it will work ... probably. She's whooped. I take her home. Get her resting. Then I go back to Walmart. They FILLED IT!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!! I'm giddy. I buy a round of suppositories for everyone!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!

"LEAVE?" "What do you mean .... LEAVE????"""

"I don't underst.....". "........some mistake....."
January 20, 2018 10:56PM
Boy oh boy Gary
That's a terrible way to spend the day . It's a good thing your on the mend to help . It's a hard call to make going to doc or not but glad you finally went . I guess we were lucky around here and missed the worst of it .
Hope your still able to get your shots next week too . I know you need them and hopefully this will be the one that brings you back to normal walking. I completely understand that exact limp your talking about . Been there .
I will say a prayer for Kelly's speedy recovery. I know you count on her a lot around the Barnes compound . Stay warm both y'all sunny

Thanks
Kurt
January 21, 2018 01:12AM
Wow, what a horror show. What shots do they give for the flu?After the fact? Maybe i missed something in the thread. Codine for the cough i get. Man, that's a rough day. Hope you see relief soon.
January 21, 2018 03:18AM
Thanks Steve,

Here's a rough run down: Docs, correct me where I'm wrong plz.

The Flu is a "Viral" Based Illness. There are no "Anti-Viral" Pills. People THINK you are wise to rush in and get Antibiotic meds at the first hint of flu. Docs tell you not to do that. If you go and demand Anti-Bacterial drugs .... you may bet them. But in the early stages of flu, all you will do is kill the good bacteria in your systems (such as in your gut).

Now, as Flu weakens your systems, it provides perfect environment for Bacteria to flourish. These are your natural bacteria. As they weaken you, you can become seriously ill. NOW We have drugs to kill bacteria. This can prevent you from chronic weakening. We could have gone last week and blown our $200 for nothing. But NOW, we got Steriods to strengthen. We got antibiotics.

I'm best and can't think. Sorry. I'll edit tomorrow. Mainly, we treat when it willhelp.

Gary
January 21, 2018 09:15AM
Gary,

You make it sound like going to the Veteran's care is fun and easy. What a horror show. Sorry to hear that.

Here in the Philippines you can still call your Doctor and he or she might just stop by and do a house call. I know mine does.

But as you know I am leaving here soon and going back to the real and scary world in a few weeks.

Hope you both get well soon.

Larry
January 22, 2018 02:15PM
Hi Larry,

That didn't make since. Sorry. It's been frustrating to not be able to work. For so long I just craved to get my injections for relief from leg pain. Then, we found the inflammation was too great for one injection to correct .... AND .... now you have the Flu on top of it. It just seems sooooo wrong. All I want to do is work! I just want to tear hair.

Now I have to travel again for a second series of injections.

I'm sorry I sound so down. It's just maddening, watching every bit of progress I make, eaten away by the next round of rotten luck.

I'll be in the shop all day. Then travel again.

Please watch for anything I can complete. I appreciate all of our readers. I'm sorry for the embarrassment I exhibit. After a lifetime of building skills, I have this crazy pattern to use them.

Any day in the shop is a good day.

Gary
January 23, 2018 12:54AM
Gary,
Sorry that you and Kelly are having a rough time. Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
Don't forget to get that rest!!!

Scott
January 23, 2018 01:40AM
Thank you Scott,

I feel that I've relapsed considerably. Coughed my lungs out all afternoon while I tried to work.

I've had to cancel my injections appointment for Wednesday. Kelly is endlessly coughing. I'm endlessly coughing. I can't drive six hours for injections. The absurdity of things has even left her phone stone dead at this time. Like so many, we don't even keep a house phone anymore. I can't leave her here out of touch. Or be on the road out of touch.

I'll just try to stay as calm as I can and work all I can. Reschedule when I feel stronger.

I'm sorry. I know that it has been exactly this identical pattern that has sucked up too much time. Seems absurd. My skills have never been better. But nobody wants to deal with this Clown show of endless nonsense preventing a responsible work schedule. I'm so aggravated with fighting it.

Ok. Thanks guys. Be in the shop tomorrow.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 03:00AM by barnespneumatic.
January 23, 2018 12:05PM
Gary,

You both are having a rough time. Has to get better soon. I had that "Flu" and I coughed till my ribs hurt but I am much better now. I think the tropical germs are strong enough to kill and eat simple U.S.A. bugs. ... I wish.

I hope you are both on the mend soon.

Please hang in you two.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021