Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would You Rather ....

Would You Rather ....
February 25, 2018 07:07PM
See a Ring/Thong/Bail hole, such as I've put on many smaller knives over the last years.

OR

See a Clip on the back side of Folding Knives

OR

Just Clean. No nothing added. Smooth all around.

No right of wrongs. Just Research

Thks,
Gary
Re: Would You Rather ....
February 25, 2018 08:31PM
Gary
It's funny you should ask . Well personally I don't care for the clip on the back side of a knife but on the copper knife you made for my son that had the hand made clevis, the leather thong was perfect .
Now on the vest pocket/ purse knife I just received for my wife I will be attaching a large disc / bead of abalone shell . Like I said earlier I showed her the md 97 with abalone and THATS the one she wanted . Well I will adorn the purse knife so it's easy to find in her purse and still have a fancy look for her .

Thanks
Kurt
February 25, 2018 09:02PM
Gary,
I like the ring on the smaller knives. It can be used, or not and it doesn't detract from the knife.
I can argue for a clip on larger, hunting style knives. But, bare is universally good.
If the knife is sculpted to fit the hand, the clip would make it less comfortable to use.....

Scott
February 26, 2018 08:53PM
Gary,
On a small knife (size of swiss army knife with file about 1.5 in) a bail hole to put on my key ring, if the size of the vest pocket folder not sure what i would like, on my large southwestern 97 bowie blade, nothing it is perfect. On a smaller 97 that is a user and keep in pocket maybe a clip if it goes with the couture of my hand. (I have a Schrade that travel with 3.25 blade and 8 in overall that has a clip and fits perfect.) It has nicks in blade from wire cutting been resharpened and has a slight curve in on blade etc. Cost was less than $20 and I bought a few and am on my 4th on (lost, TSA opps, lent out , etc.) Not things I do with my Barnes. But it fits me well and not worried about not having it.

How is 20,000 leagues coming? Depending on when and availability and my savings and looking for spare change in couch and taking bottles and cans in I might be interested.

Hope you are getting better in health, we have been fighting the flu and as we are old it is an issue as you are aware of. Ah to be young with our current knowledge and in good health.

Gary L
February 27, 2018 01:43PM
Ahhh, Kurt ....

Looking into the future ... I see a nice Vest Pocket folder - with a pretty custom cord / Abaloni Pearl Disc ..... ..... in YOUR Pocket. laughing

When the Blue Pearl arrives ... you might want to cover the sides with black electric tape for a few months .... just say'n... hahaha

On that topic. Kelly, as the current Operational Director here at Barnes Galatic ... has been pulling the strings on priorities/budget. Something about cramming three days of work into each shift, and double shifts each day. But then, I can do whatever I want the rest of the time. It's working out swell. Haha.

Thanks very much for your support and friendship Kurt.

Gary
February 27, 2018 02:24PM
Hi Gary,

I had a nice custom Saddle Back Folder that donated to TSA, as well. Kelly donated her Swiss Army knife. They should have quite a collection now! Ha.

Thanks for asking about the Jules Verne Knife. I've been working on it a bit at a time. I did more of the Mosaic sections Sunday afternoon/evening I think it was. They look really neat placed in the machined out pockets and diagonal cross troughs. Next will come laying in the final artwork and start engraving. I want to have the ability to spend long sessions engraving. It's all from one hand, but I want as few breaks in concentration as possible too.

I have had you in mind as well. I thought this knife would be a really good fit since you have enjoyed your Southwest Bowie and your Tag Line of Deep Star Diver shows your love of the Sea. Especially Under the Sea.

Gary, remember that if your couch falls a little short, we can stretch the schedule a bit. I sincerely appreciate your interest. And thanks for posting so I can keep you informed.

Best
Gary

Really hope the flu symptoms fade quickly for you guys. It was a real bad one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021