Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THE THREAD: Gary L - High Art Folder - PHOTOS ADDED REGULARLY!!! artist

THE THREAD: Gary L - High Art Folder - PHOTOS ADDED REGULARLY!!! artist
May 13, 2018 02:15AM
Just lost a huge long post. A shame. But here's an abbreviated version.

IMG_1393.JPG

Finally completed shoveling out from the last ten projects. Tools and materials feet thick. Now usable. I do put them back, then get them out. Repeat and repeat. Some linger. Things get set down. It reaches critical mass after several projects.

IMG_1394.JPG

I got additional design work done and began cutting.

Will keep a string of pics coming ... back at bench Asap

LOOK!, A SQUIRREL!!!!! And ... some days get hi-jacked ....

Today, the Cable Guy was the break in the flow.

Listen to this. Very quickly. I had a good story worked up before I lost it. Guy shows up here last week to 10 days. They bought out Brighthouse Cable here. He was a nice fellow Good people. Said they could provide 10X the speed we had. HALF of what we have been paying Direct TV. No install fee. Hummmmm. For real?

Today an Aussie fellow shows up with a ladder and pockets full of tools. He's supposed to come between 7-8 pm!!!! Crawl around under the house in the dark?? Well he calls early. He can come around 4:30. Nice fellow. Worked well. I tried to stay out of the way and yet ask/inform/offer answers/hold the fort.

He worked like a dog. Fast. Very courteous like everyone here. He's been here for two years.

Well, he left with the house working and I got the modem and shop router to play nice thru 250 ft of CAT5e cable.

IMG_1392.JPG

It's blinding fast. Even many of my Aps I didn't realize were working off site. That poor cable between the house and shop must be smokin'.

Well, yesterday late afternoon the Boss shows up. Wonders if I can make some Mother's Day gifts FOR OTHER LADIES in our family. She's a keeper. And I'm honored she asked. We were up Late making several Titanium Pendants

I had planned to engrave yesterday and today. But, we will have some gifts tomorrow and we have 10X speed for business. It's a much longer story but it's in the wind.

I appreciate the results of yesterday and today.

God Bless,
Gary

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 07:42PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: THE THREAD: Gary L - High Art Folder - PHOTOS ADDED artist
May 14, 2018 11:53PM
IMG_1456.JPG

It's a bit dangerous to show work like this in progress. Because, quite honestly, it looks horrible now. In order to do this work, you have to be able to recall your subject matter, and visualize. Because about the first thing you do to it, is to obliterate your pattern/drawing when you start carving!!! But, I assure you, it will be fine.

Difficult to pick out now, but there is a lot of carving here to bring out the interwoven tentacles of the attacking Octopus. I measured the detail at about sixty five thousandths deep! With the contrast, buffing, and blending, it will look pretty scary!!! Ha

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2018 03:57AM by barnespneumatic.
May 15, 2018 01:30AM
Wow!
That is cool.
What else can I say?

Scott
May 15, 2018 03:59AM
It's taped on a flat rubberized strip. That's not the Spine of the knife. The optics are playing games.
May 15, 2018 05:36PM
IMG_1461.JPG

Compare to the pic immediately above: Does this one look like several more hours of carving? It is. My arm and neck testify.

Hope you are enjoying seeing it Gary L.
May 16, 2018 05:15PM
Got another session going. Breaking for lunch.

Lots of ink. Lots of metal chips and dust. I'm hot riveting overlapping iron plates now!

Gary
May 16, 2018 07:37PM
Another FOUR Hours of work on the Engraving/Carving.

Hope you are enjoying it. Especially hope Gary L. is enjoying seeing his knife come to life.

IMG_1465.JPG

Best,
Gary

That's all for this session. The ole Back and Neck have requested I do something else for a while. Smile.
Re: THE THREAD: Gary L - High Art Folder - PHOTOS ADDED REGULARLY!!! artist
May 16, 2018 08:47PM
That there is almost as nice as my auto biographical Barnes special! Way to go .
Gary are you able to use both hands fairly easily when engraving? Some folks are good like that . My son is VERY ambidextrous & I can't even brush my teeth left handed !

Thanks
Kurt
Re: THE THREAD: Gary L - High Art Folder - PHOTOS ADDED REGULARLY!!! artist
May 17, 2018 04:18AM
Hi Kurt,

I used to be more so. I could remove background left handed. I'd do detail right handed.

At the moment, I can write left handed, but not as well. I think I might have a literal screw loose or bone spur in my neck .... but thank God the right hand is good.

Thanks!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021