Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things happen ....h

Things happen ....h
June 12, 2018 06:35PM
Ha! This isn’t what the post is about BUT ..... the Cable Guy is supposed to come between 1-2 this pm. It’s 1:14pm now. I just heard a ripping Krackkkk of Lightening/Thunder and it’s starting to Rain. Right on time!!!

Ok. Here’s the post .....

5CCFAB38-0632-4D5E-8AD9-6C304A89AD44.jpeg

When you anodize Titanium or Aluminum, or hot blue steel ....you have to be careful to always keep all parts submerged. It’s easy to be checking a dial. A needle gauge, or a fluid level ... watching a temperature gauge, etc. if you mistakenly allow the workpiece to sneak up into the foam atop the bath or break the surface .... the Voltage/Amperage/Temperature will allow the foam to FRY onto your workpiece. It will make a smudge that will be permanent.

Sort of like the unnoticed mark on Julio’s Titanium right near the textured Nickle Dome. The one that looked like a simple bench oil mark that would clean off with the final cleaning. It didn’t, and I then recognized it. Uh ohhh. Nutz. (Haven’t Anodized Titanium for about X years.) And, that mark requires sanding off, to fresh Titanium metal and then Anodizing that area to match. AFTER you take the knife completely apart by drilling out the hand domed German Silver rivet, etc. Carefully, without making any mess.

D5783895-9801-44C7-90B2-7ABBED06C616.jpeg

Then, while you are doing all that ... you may as well prepare and Gold Color Anodize a Picture Frame Bevel Around the entire edge of the Ti Scale piece. A small gift for the delay caused by needing to make the piece correct.

Now I can put it back together and ship. My oversight. My time to correct. I could have just put a piece of black electrical tape over that part ???? Huh??? Haha. No.

It’s on its way, my Friend. Not “Good as New ... BETTER!” Ha. Looks great.

D05A0EA5-F0A8-4DE7-9572-FCD31F2A9071.jpeg

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 06:44PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Things happen ....h
June 16, 2018 12:21PM
There was a smudge????

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021